Sponsored by:

Ruf pedals catching floor mat

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Renato
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ruf pedals catching floor mat

I finally had my Ruf pedal set and dead pedal installed, they look and feel great. My question is, my clutch pedal keeps catching the floor mat, how can this be resolved (barring removing the mats).
Old 08-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 201 Likes on 102 Posts
I have the same problem. Just slide the mat about an inch toward the rear of the car. Problem solved!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:39 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts
Like Mike said mine catched as well but if you pull back the rug it's gone. I at first thought said damn something going on with my clutch like it was what the 993 board was saying like the Hanging clutch problem they had but it was only the rug. Do you have the ties for the carpets on yours so it won't move forward and catch again? Regards. Mike
Old 08-28-2002, 09:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

I seem to recall from previous posts that people with Ruf pedals who pulled the mats back to avoid catching then had to worry about the clutch pedal wearing the carpet.
They actually moved the mats forward, so as to avoid wearing a spot in the carpet due to the clutch being pressed all the way down each time.
If I can find the thread, I will post it.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 201 Likes on 102 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by ltc:
<strong>I seem to recall from previous posts that people with Ruf pedals who pulled the mats back to avoid catching then had to worry about the clutch pedal wearing the carpet.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I haven't had that problem.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Arrow

from the 996TT board:

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000377" target="_blank">http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000377</a>

"I have had Ruf pedals and footrest since January. I general I am quite happy with the look and feel. Heel and toe is easier then with the stock setup. The rubber inserts stay in! Can't imagine what I'd have to do to press them out The only gripe I have is this: If you consistently push the clutch pedal to the floor, the edge of the pedal starts tearing up the floor carpet. My "solution": pull the floor mat as far forward as you can so that the pedal edge hits the mat (expendable) instead of the
carpeting (expensive). Last Sunday I saw the same problem in the other Turbo with Ruf pedals. This may be a common problem with all "big" aftermarket pedals, not just Ruf. "

"I have the TechArt pedals. No rubber tips but same problem about hitting the carpet."

Quick Reply: Ruf pedals catching floor mat