996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

how to Pop-up Rollbars for Cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Phil Rosenstein
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to Pop-up Rollbars for Cabriolet?

Hey everyone,

I've got a 996 C4 Cab. I don't have a rollbar installed yet (still thinking it over, but that's another matter), but I've been allowed to run in a couple of Drivers Education events by passing the Broomstick Test.

Now, there is a track I'm signed up for (Lime Rock in Connecticut) which will allow cabriolets on if they have the rollbars already popped up. I've checked the manual, but that didn't really help me.

I'm pretty sure I can pop them up myself. My questions are about driving the car with them popped up and putting them back in place afterwords.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks,
Old 08-21-2002, 04:59 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sent you an email...
Old 08-25-2002, 12:18 PM
9NINE6
Instructor

Suggest you save yourself a lot of grief and just install a custom or off the shelf rollbar (dependant on how tall you are) no one seems to have a consistent position on the pop ups, and tracks are gradually barring them, even with the hard top installed, from DE events.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:41 AM
wilam
Instructor

I don't know how you would get them down once you pop them, but if you put the car up on the hydraulic lift at a gas station and start the engine, wouldn't that pop them up? You should contact your dealer and see if popping them up for your purposes is efficient.

Quick Reply: how to Pop-up Rollbars for Cabriolet?