Sponsored by:

Finally got to test drive a C4S!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 09:26 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile Finally got to test drive a C4S!!

I absolutely loved the handling of the C4S versus the C2 (could really notice the difference between all wheel drive, lowered suspension and wider body).

I am now seriously considering purchasing / ordering a 03 C4S. What discounts are others receiving for this particular model? Did a quick search but info is somewhat old. If you would rather not post to forum, please send an email to me, russbert@hotmail.com and I will post an average discount. Thanks in advance.

Russ
Old 11-25-2002, 09:53 PM
AustinL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was offered 3k off in addition to an excellent trade for my 993.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Dave P
Instructor

Glad you enjoyed your C4S experience! Many of us did not receive discounts as we special ordered our cars. I for one do not feel bad about it as I have exactly what I want and receive numerous compliments!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Paid MSRP. I guess that comes from ordering one of the earlier builds/deliveries, an October 2001 build. I'm curious to see if the demand has slackened to the point that meaningful discounts are now being given.

Like any buying experience where the price is negotiable, give a low offer and see what happens. 5-6 K may be a good starting point.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:34 PM
kenkamm

Three weeks ago I took delivery of my 03 C4S. I got a discount of $5500. All I did was ask.

Cheers,
Ken
Old 11-26-2002, 10:54 PM
AustinL
Advanced

Ken,

That is a great deal. I am satisfied with my current deal, because they offered me a good deal on my trade-in. When I originally went to another dealer (Park Place in Dallas), not only did they try and rip me on the trade in, but their counter offer was $1,000 off MSRP. It seems that was still a rip off. Their attitude was that they could sell the car anyway. That's fine by me, but seeing how I and my family have been good customers (on the Mercedes side as well), I think it is anything but good business. I'm sure they can sell the car anyway, but it is discouraging that there are people who will just sign over that amount of money without first checking to see if they can get a better deal at a particular dealer or even somewhere else. It doesn't hurt to try.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:07 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts
Thumbs up

Guys,

I want to thank each of you for sharing your discounts. Now I feel like I will be better prepared to "negoiate" once I am ready (which I hope will be soon). Rest assured that I will return the favor and share what I can weasel out of the dealer I am hoping for a discount in the range of $5k but considering how well they have been selling here, it will be interesting to see. I have a good salesman; my wife bought her Boxster S from him and I bought my Audi S4 from him too...so I am ever hopeful! Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Russ

Quick Reply: Finally got to test drive a C4S!!