Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I've heard about a subwoofer in the spare tire....does any body have an image of this??
Standard on Bose equipped Cayennes. There have been a couple of pics posted over there IIRC.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

that would be my last choice on where to put a sub.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Dog, if you weren't keen on changing the appearance too much, then where would you put the sub?

I saw on Renntech that there is an OEM High Performance Audio System offered as a TSB #9144 for my car. Has anyone ever installed that product? It would disable my digital surround package but perhaps add better sound? Indeed, it would be nice to have the shelf console since 2000 996 cars don't have a glove compartment.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

well, i don't use the rear seats at all. at least for people.

if it were me, i would take out the rear seat bottoms and put a subwoofer enclosure in their place. keep the seat backs in the down position and voila, a useable cargo shelf that hides the subs. best of both worlds. thundering bass in the cabin and you can still maintain some cargo space.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I think Kilrgt is on to something with this setup. That is the best idea for a sub enclosure yet. Now you need to add another

Seriously. The back seat is useless. Nobody sits back there. I have the seatbacks folded down 99 percent of the time anyway to use that space as a cargo shelf. That is a great way of taking advantage of unused space and still maintaining some store functionality. Not to mention you could easily make an enclosure for a 10 or 12 sub in there.

Now Kilrgt: What is that sub box made of? wood or fiberglasss?
Whats up DOG
I made this enclosure on a winter afternoon in my heated Garage , protected by the harsh canadian weather! I made the box out of wood, I have the Bose option but it just didn't go down low enough for me (inserts women jokes here). I made this because it was an easy in and out for track days...If you like it that much I will give it to you minus the sub , I am working on a new box, I am not sure when I will find enough time to get it done, but the offer is there.
The nice thing is the seat does fold down and you don't even know its there.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

thanks man. that was awfully nice of you to offer. i'll pass, but thanks the same. i think when i finallly commit to upgrading the stereo, i am going to do two enclosures (one one each side) out of fiberglass (nice and light). i'm a bass freak

Quick Reply: Subwoofers