Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OBD II Readers: Any Sponsors Sell Them? Who wants one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:19 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, but Dell (no pun intended), the PC offers so much more information that can be read versus a Palm. Go ahead, splurge for a mini Vaio. Sometimes you gotta say what the heck.

MOD THE WORLD!
Old 12-28-2005, 05:21 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

But I already have a Laptop based one which is nice. But for some based stuff, the Palm would be better and safer.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
But I already have a Laptop based one which is nice. But for some based stuff, the Palm would be better and safer.
Now that's definitely Mod fever; the guy already has a laptop based reader and is STILL looking for a Palm based fever. Rock on, bud.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autogenuity makes ScanTool for the Windows PC (ST01 RS232 or ST05 USB), Pocket PC PDA (ST02 RS232), and Palm PDA (ST03 RS232). There is also an optional BlueTooth interface. According to their website, Speed Tracer Stage I is free to all ScanTool purchasers.

Is this group buy only for the PC version or for any version? They're all the same list price $249.95.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 AM
ebaker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the Autogenuity datalog wideband O2 A/F ratios? How fast is the refresh rate? Will it read/datalog boost/manifold pressure and fuel rail pressure? I have a Harrison R&D scanner but it won't read boost or fuel pressure. It datalogs, but when dataloging 4 items (rpm, throttle position, ign adv, lambda) it only refreshes every .6 seconds.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:01 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by arenared
Autogenuity makes ScanTool for the Windows PC (ST01 RS232 or ST05 USB), Pocket PC PDA (ST02 RS232), and Palm PDA (ST03 RS232). There is also an optional BlueTooth interface. According to their website, Speed Tracer Stage I is free to all ScanTool purchasers.

Is this group buy only for the PC version or for any version? They're all the same list price $249.95.
maybe EVO333 can check on that, but i assume it would be for either software package. it shouldn't matter as they're all priced the same.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ebaker
Does the Autogenuity datalog wideband O2 A/F ratios? How fast is the refresh rate? Will it read/datalog boost/manifold pressure and fuel rail pressure? I have a Harrison R&D scanner but it won't read boost or fuel pressure. It datalogs, but when dataloging 4 items (rpm, throttle position, ign adv, lambda) it only refreshes every .6 seconds.
check on the website. i don't know.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:03 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

is this it so far? what about EVO333 who started this?

Big6dad
Deputydog95
Gary(Fl)
nycebo

only 4. need 6 more. my buddy had a cel today on his tt. this would have been nice to have.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

okay, here's the deal. we only need 5 people to do this to get the 169 price. this is the whole package that you would normally get at the $249 retail pricing. the only diff is that this is the non CAN version for $169. according to the software manufacturer, our cars are not CAN so it does not matter. however, you won't be able to use this on late model Fords or other cars that are CAN enabled though. you do have the option to order the CAN enabled version for $199. it does not matter which version is ordered as long as we order five versions. after i call them back, we will have 48 hours to get all the orders in to get this pricing. i will set the whole thing up. you will need to call do this as internet ordering will not be an option. once all five or more orders or placed, the orders will be processed at the reduced rate and shipped. pretty easy actually. here's the web address again:

http://www.autoenginuity.com/index.html

please refer to the site for questions about the product.

here's our list again:

Deputydog95
Big6dad
Gary(FL)
Nycebo

If are 100 percent and you want it, copy the list with your name into another post so I can get an accurate count. Once we get enough, I'll give it a couple more days for stragglers and then set the buy up. As I said before, you'll have 48 hours to phone and place the order.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 AM
puako
Rennlist Member

Deputydog95
Big6dad
Gary(FL)
Nycebo
Puako

Hi, My first post I'm in! Aloha to all! Happy New Year!!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:06 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Welcome, or Aloha

Cool. We have more than enough at this point. I have a couple more from the "other" board as well.

Updated list:

Deputydog95
Big6dad
Gary(FL)
Nycebo
Puako

I'm still shooting for opening the buy up on Weds AM and having it end on friday morning so they can ship on Friday.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:24 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

DD,

Check out my comment on the 6speed board. Basically, what do you mean it's not CAN-enabled? All the new versions of the software are, or at least that's what I recall from their site.

Here's the quote:

"Supports 1996 and newer passenger vehicles, whether it be domestic, Asian, or European.
SAE interfaces: J1850 (PWM and VPM), ISO-9141-2, ISO-14230 [KWP2000], and CAN"

http://www.autoenginuity.com/products.html

Edward
Old 12-30-2005, 12:30 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

it is my understanding, through the reasearch for my data logger, that MY2000+ cars DO HAVE the CAN bus protocol. i believe this would allow a faster refresh rate, rather than the slower 5Hz from the obdII port. this is just a hunch.

Originally Posted by deputydog95
okay, here's the deal. we only need 5 people to do this to get the 169 price. this is the whole package that you would normally get at the $249 retail pricing. the only diff is that this is the non CAN version for $169. according to the software manufacturer, our cars are not CAN so it does not matter. however, you won't be able to use this on late model Fords or other cars that are CAN enabled though. you do have the option to order the CAN enabled version for $199. it does not matter which version is ordered as long as we order five versions. after i call them back, we will have 48 hours to get all the orders in to get this pricing. i will set the whole thing up. you will need to call do this as internet ordering will not be an option. once all five or more orders or placed, the orders will be processed at the reduced rate and shipped. pretty easy actually. here's the web address again:

http://www.autoenginuity.com/index.html

please refer to the site for questions about the product.

here's our list again:

Deputydog95
Big6dad
Gary(FL)
Nycebo

If are 100 percent and you want it, copy the list with your name into another post so I can get an accurate count. Once we get enough, I'll give it a couple more days for stragglers and then set the buy up. As I said before, you'll have 48 hours to phone and place the order.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

AE (autoengenuity) said that are cars are not CAN enabled. they said only the porsches that are CAN enabled right now that they are aware of are the Cayennes, and they think only the turbo. we have the option to get either type, it's just an extra $30 for the CAN enabled one. They don't list the non CAN one on their site, as they're only offering it to people that specifically need it. I guess a lot of their business are mechanics and tuning shops and they use it on a lot of different cars so they need the CAN version. He said we don't, but again, for $199 you can get the CAN version and use it on whatever vehicle you like. The $169 version will only work on our cars and others that are not CAN equipped.

can anybody out there confirm either way if we need the CAN version or not? i am not sure and am only going off what AE told me. it'll still be $50 off if we need to get the CAN version as the regular price is $249. and if that's the case then we might as well go with vividracing's offer of $199 if it's still on the table.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

From Autoenginuity's web site:

"CAN is used in all 2004 Ford, Mazda, and some Mercedes, and Toyota. CAN is the new required electrical OBDII interface for passenger vehicles starting in the 2008 model year."

I was reading on PCA that CAN is also used for the instrument cluster in the Pcars, but he didn't elaborate on anything else. From what I have been able to dig up, the Cayenne seems to be the only Porsche that uses it in the whole car.

Why don't we wait a couple days and see who chimes in with a bit more experience than us?

Quick Reply: OBD II Readers: Any Sponsors Sell Them? Who wants one?