Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Help...My airbag light came on this morning after a battery install.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Patric F.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...My airbag light came on this morning after a battery install.

The light has never been on and the only thing that I have done is take battery out and install a battery. Is there anything simple that can cause this? I called the dealer and they said something about a seat belt clip update..blah blah blah and that would cost me $800! Someone please help if possible. I do not want to give $800 to the dealership for a small problem I can fix myself. I just do not know where to begin, and I do not want to mess with the airbag system with no clue.
Thanks,
Pat
Old 12-20-2005, 01:58 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe , the car had a code before, and when you unhooked the battery , the code came back due to the fact the car needed a seat belt update.If you are the org owner then this will not apply to you..just a thought.The dealer can do losts with PET they have, including disabling codes
Old 12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant think of any reason why the airbag light would come one if all you did was replace the battery. Its probably just coincidence. 800 dollars is probably the cost to fix both sides, you can see about just getting the side on which the fault occured replaced. The fix is replacing the belt buckles and changing some wiring under the seat.

Another thing, if you are the original owner you might be able to get some assistance from Porsche.

Quick Reply: Help...My airbag light came on this morning after a battery install.