Sponsored by:

Considering purchasing a 99 C2 Cpe... some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 08:44 PM
C2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Considering purchasing a 99 C2 Cpe... some questions

1. Price is 58,500 for a 99 with 7,000 miles. No real substantial options, but it is the color combo i want. How am I there?

2. I had been leaning toward a C4 for it's safer handling charastics. What are the main pro's and cons when deciding between a C4 and a C2?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2002, 10:17 PM
Speed
Pro

I'm sorry you weren't in the market back in October when I was trying to sell my '99 C2 cab when my '02 came in. I think the price is high. My experience was that '99s were really taking a hit in the resale market what with all the cars coming off 3-yr. leases and the advent of the upgraded '02's. I was offered $40k by the dealer, although my car, unlike the one you're looking at, was a daily driver and had 55k mi. I still think you should look around on the Internet and in the classifieds in Excellence Magazine and Porsche Panorama where you will see a lot more 99's advertised and get a better feel for prices.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:34 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts
As far as price goes depends on the type of options the car has ie litronic headlites/full leather package etc. price would be steep if didnt have the options to warrant the purchase. I have/still a '99 996 c2 coupe and enjoy it immensely. Only thing is when purchasing one make sure certain things have been fixed which are common with the 99 model ie oil leaks/airbag lite/check engine lite-related to gas cap/coolant level lite flashing-lite will flash if rev over 4,000 rpm/phantom windows opening up when arming alarm which all can be done under warranty. Make sure the engine is good as well as i heard some owners had to replace their engines which that has not happened to me. My car has 20k miles now and other then what was stated above nothing major. You can probably find a decent one for around 49k approximately for a '99. hope that helps ya. Mike
Old 01-03-2002, 11:50 PM
C2
AutoX

I forgot to mention 18 inch web style rims but i don't think it has the litronic lights. What do you guys think a good price would be? It is hard to find them with under 10k miles. What are some good internet classifides?
Old 01-04-2002, 03:16 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts
In terms of intenet classifieds i have no idea what is out there. Whne into a pre-owned porsche always want to see the car in person and have it checked out by your mechanic to make sure it is sound. Usually an inspection runs about 130-175 but its definitely worth it since u dont want to find out later something major happens and u purchased the car. Litronic headlites can always be installed afterwards(which i recommend highly) they run about 1200 not including installation. Full leather package is a must have since its good for resale and looks better. If u got enough patience then there will be a car for u but if not best thing is search in your local area. I had a freind who took him 5 years to find a pristine 1989 porsche 911 red with tan with low miles but he's happy he waited to find the right one. regards. mike. I think a car with 20k would give u the best discount and most if not all the bugs have been taken care of but that depends on the previous owner.

Quick Reply: Considering purchasing a 99 C2 Cpe... some questions