Sponsored by:

Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:56 AM
bb45
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Bag Light

I replace my stock seat with a Sparco bucket for track events about once a month. Every time I unplug and re plug the multi pin electronics connector, the air bag
light goes on and won't go away. Do I have to get it reset at the dealership or is there a cure? thanks
Old 04-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

If your Sparco seats don't have a Porsche seat belt recepticle to plug into the connector while you are using them, this will also set off the airbag light. When I installed the GT3 seats, I bought a pair of additional seat belt recepticles from the dealer (around $80) and permanently mounted them to the inside of the seats (tunnel side). I then plugged in the two pin connector from the recepticle to the multipin connector under the seat (it's pins 7 & 8 if I remember correctly). This will keep the air bag light off when the race seats are in use.

As Dan said, always make sure the key is out of the ignition when swapping. I used to disconnect the negative lead on the battery when swapping seat just to make sure but you don't have to do that.

Karl
Old 04-25-2003, 01:20 AM
bb45
Intermediate

Thanks guys bb

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light