Gas gauge "uncalibrated"

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 02:43 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts
Post Gas gauge "uncalibrated"

Anyone know the procedure for running the car through the steps necessary to "recalibrate" the gas gauge? The day after one of my many trips to the dealer dealing with the check engine light, which turned out to be the MAF, I was driving along with a little over a quarter tank when the check engine light came on, the engine started missing, and the check engine light started blinking. The engine died and would not refire. I figured the dealer forgot to reconnect something etc.

Turns out, the gas gauge was wrong and I simply ran out of gas. Supposedly during the day I had it the gauge became "uncalibrated". Dealer "fixed it" by running it through a series of actions somewhere this side of black magic or voodoo. I was at the track this weekend and the gauge was showing empty after two sessions. I filled it up. Gauge stayed on empty.

Anyone know the procedure? Please, please tell me I don't have to go back to the dealer.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, unfortunately you do have to go back to the dealer. The setting is kept in the instrument cluster computer and must be set with a Porsche System Tester 2 (PST2).

Quick Reply: Gas gauge "uncalibrated"