996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Is there an upgrade from the CDR220 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
yvonnejim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there an upgrade from the CDR220 ?

I am on my 3rd one - either CD's keep skipping, CD won't eject, or one time, radio would not shut off when key removed from ignition. I will be going in for a 4th ( all under warranty on my 00 Cab ) Thought maybe I could pay the difference on an upgrade.

Jim
Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe the keep giving you refurbished ones? I only suggest this because I have had the CDR220 in one car for five years without a problem. I just bought a new (used) car and its CDR220 seems to be functioning correctly also.

It sounds like you just keep getting faulty units. And, be forewarned that if left in the hot sun for a while, the plastic covering on the buttons can peel/flake off. Oh yeah, and sometimes the volume control *** goes schizo in the cold. (Ask me how I know)
Old 12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
yvonnejim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know about the coverings on the buttons coming off. First radio did that. The one I have now does not have coverings, but emblems are actually molded into the button head. Much better.

Still want to know if there is a newer model radio for Porsche that I can drop in the slot.

Quick Reply: Is there an upgrade from the CDR220 ?