Sponsored by:

Camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Stem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Camber adjustment

I'm planning to have my camber adjusted so I won't wear my track tires quite as much AND enhance my grip. On an O2C2 with US 030 suspension I was told the most I can get out of the front is about -1. What would be the corresponding amount for the rear end??

Anybody know??

I'm getting it done at the dealer so they are also gonna set the toein, etc!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:03 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Someone please respond!! I need this info to as my track tires look like the outer 1/4 is all that is wearing on the front (d@mn understeer). Rears appear to be wearing evenly.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Stem
Instructor

Which tires are you using???
Old 06-05-2003, 07:45 PM
fahren affair
Pro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stem:
[QB]I'm planning to have my camber adjusted so I won't wear my track tires quite as much AND enhance my grip. On an O2C2 with US 030 suspension I was told the most I can get out of the front is about -1. What would be the corresponding amount for the rear end??

Anybody know??

The rears on my RoW M030 setup were aligned by ANDIAL to neg. 1.5 degrees. The fronts were set at zero, but after a week, I had it readjusted to neg. 1 degrees. The car's handling balance is much improved with this alignment, however there are further gains in adjustability when going the coilover route (for those contemplating RoW M030 vs. coilover).
Old 06-05-2003, 08:04 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-1 degrees front is too much as I was told that over -.7 wears the crap out of the tires although gets rid of a lot of understeer. I run -.5f -1.4r as much as I could get out of rear with stock suspension.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by SPR:
<strong>-1 degrees front is too much as I was told that over -.7 wears the crap out of the tires although gets rid of a lot of understeer.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Sean,

You are right and it would be too much for the average "street" driver. However, if you drive fairly aggressively, your tires should wear quite evenly with negative one degree. The problem is that one may not be able to get that much negative camber with the stock suspension. In fact, I am surprised you could get -0.5 degrees with yours.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
I am running Hoosiers on the track. I thought I had too much neg camber in mine judging by the fact that my street tires were bald on the inside 1/4 and a very fair amount of tread left on the outer 1/2. I probably need and alignment and will probably fo with as much neg as I can get. Are the 996's as difficult to align as the 993's? Should I take it to a specialty shop or will the dealer suffice?

Quick Reply: Camber adjustment