Programming Remotes

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Programming Remotes

2001 C2 Cab - Artic Silver on Black

Called the dealer today about getting a new key and getting the remote part programmed for my car. The service advisor asked if I had the 16 digit serial number??? I told him no, that I only had the remote part of the key and I wanted to order the metal key and have them program the remote. He advised he could not and that the key is useless unless I have the code.

Is this true, anyone else heard of this. Anyone know where I can go in the Toronto area to get the remote programmed.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call jack at G-tek and see if he can do it
Old 12-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911porschefan
2001 C2 Cab - Artic Silver on Black

Called the dealer today about getting a new key and getting the remote part programmed for my car. The service advisor asked if I had the 16 digit serial number??? I told him no, that I only had the remote part of the key and I wanted to order the metal key and have them program the remote. He advised he could not and that the key is useless unless I have the code.

Is this true, anyone else heard of this. Anyone know where I can go in the Toronto area to get the remote programmed.
Already put this reply on RennTech for you, but will put it here, also, in case you look here first:

If you are using your old black key head, and simply inserting a new metal key shaft, then your key head is already programmed to your car. You're good to go once it comes to the parts department.

If you are starting with all new parts, then it works this way:

1. New metal key shaft can be ordered from any dealer by supplying your VIN (with proof of ownership).
2. Then, choose between:

A. New auxillary key head (no remote locking) with internal immobilizer for which your can must be programmed (mated) using the PST2; or

B. New remote locking key head which must have internal immobilizer AND remote locking transmitter mated to your car using the PST2.

In the mating operation, the dealer must use a super secret code, specific to your VIN, which he will get from PCNA .... AND ..... for a remote locking key head, the 16 digit code that is displayed via a bar code tag that comes with each new remote locking key head.

The 16 digit code tag is what is usually mentioned as being included or not included with the key heads you see on Ebay. I've never figured out who buys .... or what they do with .... the heads that are advertised to include no code.

Quick Reply: Programming Remotes