Sponsored by:

Litronic Light Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 04:37 PM
kfong22
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Litronic Light Install Question

i have a '99 996 (early '99). i recently purchased a litronic light kit. now the TSB from the dealer as well as all of the other directions i found from the internet are for installing these lights on a boxter but that the procedure is the same, roughly.

so for those who know, the kit comes with a whole bunch of wiring harnesses, a moduel of some sort, and some misc hardware. i thought i was in for something that would last more than 2 hours at least, judging by all of this hardware.

what i found was that it was a simple plug and play procedure. i didn't need to change the harnesses or install anything. it was as simple as unlocking the headlights and sticking the new ones in.

am i missing something here? or are the more complex directions along with all the other hardware made for installation in a boxter? thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:20 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I assume you got and installed the special igniter power supply (one per headlight) for the Litronics?

If not, I am surprised they work (if they work)

You should have installed both:
000 044 900 41 Litronics upgrade kit
and
PNA 721 040 06 Litronics Wiring Harness kit
Second kit includes an addional connector and the high voltage igniters for the lights.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:20 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts
Without the harness, the HID lights work ( ignitor is built into the rear) , BUT , you don't have the feature that tilts the low beam up to " fill in " the high beam pattern ! That harness has a controller box that signals the built in tilt motor in your headlights.

Quick Reply: Litronic Light Install Question