996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche World Tour

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002 | 06:10 AM
yves
Intermediate

Post Porsche World Tour

I recently got an invitation from Porsche Istanbul to be a participant in the World Tour.From the factory they are sending all models except for the GT2,GT3 and Cayenne to Istanbul, (total 9 different models) where in groups of 40 people per day we can enjoy a programm consisting of the following:Introduction movie,braking,moose test,slalom,lunch,road tour and speeding on airstrip,handling,handling and slalom competition.They will give prices as well as certificates to the people joining the fun.
This World Tour invitation has been send to Porsche owners and former owners in Turkey, but i understood that on 29 and 30 November foreigners will be allowed to join.
Being promoted as a World tour i suppose that they will organise such events in many different countries.I am looking very much forward to that day, and being able to compare the different models, specially the Boxster S and Turbo versus my 02 C4 Cab.
Old 11-05-2002 | 09:16 AM
urbanski
Instructor

Sounds great! Enjoy.
But what's a moose test?
Old 11-05-2002 | 10:55 AM
Jan_M
Racer

I did this world tour /road show in Stockholm. GREAT DAY!!! Probably the same guys doing it.

Moose test is when you try to avoid collision with a (virtual) moose. When we did this, they soaked the runway with water. Try this once without PSM and onec with PSM. Difference is night and day. Quite impressive actually.

I thought the best parts were slaloms, fake track tests in the turbo and C4S.

I'd love to do it again, and again and again...

Jan

Quick Reply: Porsche World Tour