Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anybody familiar with Zerotek headers for the 996?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 01:55 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

we'll never know without the dyno runs, as seat of the pants doesn't mean ****. i guess you can at least comment on how they fit.

i'm going with the suncoast headers. i'll post the before and after numbers. they are willing to let me test them before i pay for them.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:01 PM
gcohen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some data on my G-Tech from a couple of weeks ago. I'll see how they compare to new runs with the headers. The only problem is that the outside temps will probably be about 30 degrees different. Anyway I'll let all of you know in about a month when I get the car back.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
dallasboats
Pro

gcohen, don't worry about data, enjoy the headers and repaired car! The climate will also make a big difference.

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

just did before and after dyno runs on my new suncoast headers.

25-30 rear wheel HP at 5K and 10-11 rear wheel HP at peak.

these things are the dog's danlgies

i'll post my dyno charts in the other thread when i get the raw dyno data from the tuner in the am. i still can't believe they worked. i found the magic headers finally
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 PM
gcohen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thats promising. From the pictures I've seen the only difference to the Zerotek is the gaskets, so the results should be comparable.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:13 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

i'm guessing probably not, but you never know. all these headers pretty much look alike. i think it boils down to ID, OD, and the tubing length/bends.

you gotta get yours dyno'd. it's only a hundred bucks for a before and after. the same people that built my headers tested a bunch of others and came up with either nothing or next to that. that's why they built they're own set.

who knows? you may have the steal of the century there if yours can put up similar numbers.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in the 916, where this company is from so maybe they can hook me up with some exhaust and I'll get it dyno'd for them before and after. ZeroTek contact me.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

i posted my dyno charts over on "my lovely new headers" thread.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:25 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
I live in the 916, where this company is from so maybe they can hook me up with some exhaust and I'll get it dyno'd for them before and after. ZeroTek contact me.
LOL, good luck with that one. I already tried.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 AM
gcohen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I just posted this on 6speed and wanted it here for the Rennlisters too.

I finally got my car back from the body shop this past Friday. So I left some time open this weekend to put on my new HRE's and the Ztek headers. The wheels look amazing, but that's not what we are discussing here. The header install went fine. Fit was perfect. I will not comment on performance gains because I did not put the car on a dyno. As for driving impressions it's hard to say becuase I've been driving my Allroad for 6 weeks, so of course the C4S feels really strong. The only thing I can say is that it still pulls strong all the way to redline. As for the sound, there was definately a difference once they were on. I love it. The car has a mean growl just of idle, and I think there was a slight reduction of resonance at WOT. I'm not looking to start any arguments or offend anyone who has other products, these are just my observations. Lastly, in reference to the C of O, I don't care whether they are made in the US, Germany, or Asia. I was just being honest in that post on Rennlist and wanted everyone to know what they were going to get if they ordered the Zteks.

Quick Reply: Anybody familiar with Zerotek headers for the 996?