Sponsored by:

Wheel Rim Scrap Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 08:24 PM
Brent B. Adams
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Wheel Rim Scrap Repairs

Anyone have any experience/recommendations with an Orange County, CA repair shop for scraps on turbo look rims? TIA
Old 12-05-2001, 09:31 PM
brobbinson
Instructor

Not in your area. But I have two other suggestions. You could send the wheel to wheelenhancement (wheelenhancement.com) - they do alot of work reconditioning high end alloy wheels and I'm told they do very good work. Or, you could work through a local porsche dealer who will send the wheel to a quality shop for a quality job (their rep on the line and repeat customers presumably). I did the latter with my turbo-look alloy wheel which had lost a battle with a curb - for $200, came back like new.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:39 AM
roschpe
Advanced

I am in the Welding Supply business...if you want the wheel repaired you can take it to ANY specialty welding shop in your area and have it done.

Make sure though that it is a guy that specializes in high alloy welding, either aluminum stainless or crome molly experienced.

It is a basic build up job..nothing more or nothing less. What they do is tig weld aluminum in the bent or damaged area and then grind it down.

$200 is a rip off. It probably takes about an inch of 4043 aluminun tig or 6103 tig which costs about, literally $2.00...and fifteen minutes of labour....and that is no exaggeration...
Old 12-06-2001, 01:57 PM
Laura
Pro

Brent,

Give Al a call at Al Reed Specialty Polishing. He is located in Anaheim, right off 57 at 3010 E. Coronado #A, Anaheim. 714 632-3907. He Has been a PCA sponsor for years and takes very good care of the Porsche community here in Orange County.

All of our wheel repairs fo to him and the job gets done right the first time for a fair price.

P.S. Sometimes they get very busy and will put the phones on machine, just leave a message and they will get back to you.

Quick Reply: Wheel Rim Scrap Repairs