2000 996 Brumos B59

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 08:58 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2000 996 Brumos B59

I just traded my 1996 C4 for a 2000 996. The car apparently, was a special version produced by Brumos with full factory GT3 aero kit and a bunch of other goodies. The 911 moniker on the back hood has been replaced with B59. My educated guess is that B is for Brumos and from a bit of internet research apparently their 2000 GT3-R was #59. I've emailed Brumos to get some info on the car, they've yet to respond, so given the excitement of inital ownership I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about the car or owned a similar one.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:53 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Don't know much about the Brumos. How do you like the 996 compared to the 993? Looking to purchase one or the other, after I sell my 911SC.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:43 AM
kas99
Track Day

Talking

You are correct about the "B" and the number 59 is their well-known number associated with racing. Throughout the long racing history at Brumos there cars have worn the now famous #59.

You'll have to tell us what they added to the car as far as options are concerned.
[img]null[/img]
Old 12-05-2001, 10:56 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I think I remember seeing this car in the Brumos paddock at Daytona a couple years ago. From what I remember the car was a 996 with the GT3 aero kit, exhaust mods, aftermarket wheels, interior trim. I remember seeing the sticker on the car and thinking no way would I pay that, the exhaust was crazy expensive ($4000 or so).
Don't know if this particular car will have any collector value but it did look good.
Greg
Old 12-05-2001, 05:38 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ron Stavis 81 911 sc:
<STRONG>Don't know much about the Brumos. How do you like the 996 compared to the 993? Looking to purchase one or the other, after I sell my 911SC.</STRONG>
I love it. There are certainly aspects of the air cooled model that I will miss, and being in New England I will miss the AWD. I view the death of the 993 with sadness, but for me, as I actually drive the car to work,
the 996 is certainly an improvement as an automobile. Its faster, handles better, and is with the possible exception of the dash layout, more ergonomic. OTOH, I will miss the more immediate nature of the 993. Frankly, I think it comes down to how and why you have the car. If you actually use it as a car, the 996 is probably a better deal, if you drive it only on Sundays, buy a 993. Either way, I'm sure you'll love it.
Old 12-05-2001, 05:55 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by keith stockton:
<STRONG>You are correct about the "B" and the number 59 is their well-known number associated with racing. Throughout the long racing history at Brumos there cars have worn the now famous #59.

You'll have to tell us what they added to the car as far as options are concerned.
[img]null[/img] </STRONG>
Okay, here goes form the piece of paper that came with the car:
Additional Options:
-------------------
Black Leather Interior
Power Driver & passenger Seat/memory
Driver power Lumbar
Hi/Fi sound
Porsche Crests
Black Mats

Exclusive Options:
------------------
Chrome Stainless exhasut tips
Carbon Fiber shifter & handbrake
Carbon fiber Door Sills
Litronics w/ Washers
3-Spoke Leather Wheel
Aluminum Instrument faces

B59 Special Options:
-------------------
19" Body Colored 3-piece Wheels/F1 Eagles
Remote F&R radar
Aero headlight covers
Red powder-coated calipers
Exterior colored center console
Factory GT3 Aerokit
Additional downforce front splitters
Color Matched Carrera Ghost Stripes (probably could have done without those)

Orignal list $95059 (yeooowch!)

I bought the car from an authorized Porsche dealer here in Ma. for $59900. Not bad eh?
Oh forgot to mention it had 3500 one owner (PCA member) miles on it and is in perfect shape as far as I can tell.

I'm not looking at it as any sort of collector car (although I think its one of the most beautiful 996s I've seen) I'd just like to know a bit of the rational for them producing the car (other than improving their profit picture. ). I don't have a digital camera (well I do but its an old one) but I'll scan a photo in a couple of days and post a few pics if you like.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:56 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Thanks for the input on the 993 and the 996. I use the car on weekends only. But I like power. I will probably go with the 996. I would like to see the pics when you get a chance. Also the 4 wheel drive 993 you had may have been a little slower than a 2 wheel drive because of the weight. I will probably go with the 996. Thanks very much.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:25 AM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ron Stavis 81 911 sc:
<STRONG> ...Also the 4 wheel drive 993 you had may have been a little slower than a 2 wheel drive because of the weight. I will probably go with the 996. Thanks very much.</STRONG>
Thats part of it certainly. The other factor may be that the previous owner, apparently less than a month ago,put on a $3000+ exhaust system (don't know which one,
suspect tequipment anyone know how to figure out what the exhaust is?) which I assume bumped the HP a bit above the stock 300. I drove the 2002 model a week before, and really couldn't percieve much of a difference, if any, in the new one to this one in tems of power (bearing in mind that the new car had &lt; 100 miles on it, and the drives were a week apart, I've seen others elsewhere claim the difference is very noticable). This car can comfortably move down the road in 5th gear at 40 mph, have its accelerator nudged gently and respond with some pull. The old C4 couldn't do that without complaining a bit (not that I make a habit of this, but occasionally I feel pangs of eco-guilt and try to conserve an extra drop or two of fuel). So overall, it just seems to have more torque. I have no idea if the car had any other mods that might be influencing the power thing (any body who'd drop 3K+ on a performance exhaust right before trading the car is well, a bit of a fanatic, who knows what other evil might lurk under the hood), so I can't say for certain that my car is comparably to a completely stock one, but so far I'm more than satisfied with the car.

Hopefully post pics next week...Best of luck in your search!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:41 PM
Al Hoover
Intermediate

Ray:

This car was in the show room at Brumos in Jacksonville, when I picked up my MY2000 C4 Cab. If you want more info, call Jason Jaeger (good sales guy) at Brumos. He most likely can help. He even showed the car to me.

Al H. (AS C4 Cab)
Old 12-06-2001, 06:48 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Al Hoover:
<STRONG>Ray:

This car was in the show room at Brumos in Jacksonville, when I picked up my MY2000 C4 Cab. If you want more info, call Jason Jaeger (good sales guy) at Brumos. He most likely can help. He even showed the car to me.

Al H. (AS C4 Cab)</STRONG>
Thanks a bunch Al! I'll try to get in touch with Jason.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:36 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
Talking

Hey is this your car?
Old 12-08-2001, 03:37 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Another
Old 12-08-2001, 03:39 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

more
Old 12-09-2001, 10:14 AM
sam yunick
3rd Gear

I remember your car well!

I own a computer / network company that does all work for Brumos numerour dealerships. We are there at least 4 days per week & I remeber your car. The only one they did in that color. Hurley Haywood, VP there & Porsche legend, actually drove that car for about a week while he was waiting for his.... gorgeous color..that's how I remebered it.

Good luck!
Sam
Old 12-09-2001, 06:05 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Dranon:
<STRONG>Hey is this your car? </STRONG>
Thats not the exact one but pretty close. Mines Black/Black and has 19" 3 piece wheels. The wheels are five spokes similar in an updated way to the fuchs but as Black in the center with silver rims. A friend of mine took a photo of it on Saturday, but has yet to email it to me. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Quick Reply: 2000 996 Brumos B59