Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good car audio shop in the S.F./San Jose CA area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 06:46 PM
ronc4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for a good car audio shop in the S.F./San Jose CA area?

Anyone know of a good shop or know of anyone with a good experience?

thanks in advance!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:58 PM
ccasey
Intermediate

I took my 911 to Car Audio Innovations in Roseville, just past Sacramento, when I wanted to do a complete system install. I have in-laws out there, so it was a convenient excuse to get away for the day. ;-)

Rod does good work and he's a great guy to deal with - extraordinarily helpful, and as budget conscious as you want to be.

<a href="http://www.caraudioinnovations.com" target="_blank">www.caraudioinnovations.com</a>
Old 04-14-2003, 09:56 PM
ronc4
Advanced

Thanks for the info. He's a little far, but i'll give him a call anyways.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:10 PM
ccasey
Intermediate

I think he travels, if required. He also offered me his own car as a loaner, if I needed it.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:27 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try Custom Car Alarms in San Francisco and Pleasant Hill 415-553-8868. They've been in business for 20 years+. Can do all sorts of stuff from super hi end to regular stereos.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:15 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Is that Howard from Car Accoustics that you're talking about? I had my wife's XJR stereo and my old XKR stereo done there.. someday I need to get my Turbo done (not that I'll hear anything above my Fabspeed).

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by dpblessing:
<strong>There is a shop in Campbell that is supposed to be superb - only high end work. I never can remember the name and the phone # is at my office (I am at home now). Call Rik at Designwerks (they are across the street from him) he will know the name.
Or, the guys at Custom Exoticar in M.V. do lots of very high end stuff (650) 988-1004
Doug
'02-C4S</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 04-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Erik H
Advanced

I think the place that may be referenced as being in Campbell is:

Jim at Performance Sound and Security - 369-9597

I have not taken my car there, but my buddy has taken his 996 and MB E55 there. The work is amazing. Everything is custom.

I went with him a couple of times to check on the progress. Both times there were either TT's or Ferraris being worked on. This one Ferrari 360 Spyder was gorgeous. All the audio equipment had been custom painted to match the body.

I was told that they do all the Monster Cable cars that are used at shows.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:19 PM
ronc4
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys. I've called Performance Sound and Security and they seem pretty professional. I plan to check out their shop sometime this week.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Monney in Redwood City. Jeff

<a href="http://www.monney.com/custom.htm" target="_blank">http://www.monney.com/custom.htm</a>
Old 04-16-2003, 02:40 PM
santicua
Instructor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by ccasey:
<strong>I took my 911 to Car Audio Innovations in Roseville, just past Sacramento, when I wanted to do a complete system install. I have in-laws out there, so it was a convenient excuse to get away for the day. ;-)

Rod does good work and he's a great guy to deal with - extraordinarily helpful, and as budget conscious as you want to be.

<a href="http://www.caraudioinnovations.com" target="_blank">www.caraudioinnovations.com</a></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I also took my car to Rod.....definitely worth the trip up to Sacramento and he did leave me his car as a loner while he was working on my car. He did an excellent job on the car. Super super clean install.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:28 PM
ammo_collector
Instructor

I am also planning a system in my 911 and Rod at Car Audio Innovations is highly recommended. I'm not alone, check out this thread regarding his reputation, service, and support:
<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008659" target="_blank">http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008659</a>

Quick Reply: Looking for a good car audio shop in the S.F./San Jose CA area?