Sponsored by:

Modifying 996 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 01:48 AM
03-C4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Modifying 996 C4S

Okay I need some advice and recommendations here. I want to modify the exterior of my '03 Seal Grey C4S. Next week I am installing the 9ff GT2 wing. Next I want to work on the front bumper, side skirts, and rims. Front bumper, I have three choices: (1) OEM GT2, (2) TechArt front grill inserts and front spoiler add-on, or (3) TechArt front spoiler II. Now the questions I have here is, the OEM GT2 might be alot of work on the installation part. Any experience here? Then the side skirts, if I go with OEM GT2, I will stay stock, if I go with TechArt pieces in the front, I should go with their side skirts. Then the rims, which I have been debating for a while. I like the 19" Formula wheel offered by Daytona. But don't know how that will really look on a Seal Grey vehicle. Also, what does everyone think of chrome rims, like the 19" Challenge wheels? Also I have been considering the SSR GT3 Rims with the polished lip. So I would appreciate everyone's input here as I would like to do all these upgrades by the end of the month. And finally, does anyone have a recommendation of where I can go for these parts, such as TechArt and for the rims. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Fadz
Racer

The 19" SSR rims will give her a superb look, No comments on the other modifications maybe coz i have no idea how its gonna look but sure it will be a different seal grey bullet. Good luck and lets see some pictures when you're done.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:54 AM
03-C4S
Racer

thanks for the advice, anyone have anymore for me or comments...
Old 04-12-2003, 02:51 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

My only advice is to stay w/factory stuff. It's just a personal thing with me. Also I think bright chrome wheels draws the eyes away from the overall shape. I'd go with more silvery wheels. And some people have posted concerns about the 19" wheels being damaged from curbs, etc. because of the lack of sidewall protection.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
call Matt at <a href="http://www.bydesign.com" target="_blank">www.bydesign.com</a> great prices and they are great to work with. I vote the Techart 19" Formula Rim!!
Old 04-12-2003, 03:48 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
1.)Have you done anything w/the suspension?....should have been 1st on your list.
2.)Don't 'chrome' anything that you mount a tire on
3.)Search this and the other boards for pics of what you are thinking....it's there......everything has already been done (by someone somewhere on the planet) just kidding on that, actually, there are at least 3 or 4 things left
4.)Make the car look, the way you want it to look, and don't listen to anybody (not me or even the brighter people on this board).

Quick Reply: Modifying 996 C4S