Sponsored by:

Help! Rusted wheel bolts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Edward Kay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Rusted wheel bolts!

Ok. I have searched the archives, but need more input. My wheel bolts on my 99 are rusted out big time on my front two wheels and slightly on my rear. I have read that wheel enhancement and performance products are two places to get such things.

Should I just get the $30 set of chrome caps that go over my existing bolts from performance products? Or maybe I should get new plain bolts as well to go with the caps? Though where could I buy normal bolts that are not a rip off?
My other option is chrome bolts from wheel enhancement, but I read in the archive that one guy was having problems already with the chrome peeling off after a short amount of time. Has anyone else had such experience with wheel enhancement chrome bolts?

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I have purchased the Wheel Enhancements chrome bolts and the chroming is not very good. My set started to peel immediately after the first time I had removed them.

They maybe good on the front end service, but if you have problems seems like they like to play hockey. I've had problems with just their chromed lug bolts, the chrome is peeling off in sheets, went to return them back in Nov during Thanksgiving week to have them exchange them.

Called many times no return calls, and when I do get them on the phone, they tell me to drive down there 3 times as if they have new sets for exchange. When I get there they tell me “not in stock” and/or "only enough sets for customers" what am I? I guess a hockey puck-

I had spoke to John and Dave, always seem to have an excuse, maybe I'm expecting too much. Tried my patience, never got upset for four months of the runaround. They tell me to come down on Thursday February 7 they will have a set ready, I write it down in my calendar, before hanging up I ask them if I should call before driving down, you know just to make sure. Dave say’s “no just come down”. Well you know the story, I get there and they aren’t ready, they tell me “we have to chase the threads out and our die broke”. They didn’t even bother to call me to tell me, then John tells me that it was Friday is when I told you to come down for the exchange. Well Thursday or Friday wouldn’t have even mattered because the die was broken, and I doubt he would have bothered to call me and notify me that they weren’t going to be done. They never bothered to call me in the past.

Then Dave wants to argue with me about if it was Thurs or Fri was when he told me to come down. It would have been the same story on Friday.

Too much of a pissn' match to get things right, like pulling teeth. I wouldn't recommend them

I have heard from many others also about crappy "after sell" service.

Oak

Quick Reply: Help! Rusted wheel bolts!