Sponsored by:

Help crunching noise coming from front wheel on new TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
LSM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help crunching noise coming from front wheel on new TT

I recently purchase a new 911TT, I have about 400 miles. When my car arrived, I noticed it had the continental tires on it. An identical turbo with the same sport techno wheels also came in but had pirelli tires. I had the dealership do a wheel swap so that my car had the pirelli's. The last two days I have noticed a crunching sound coming from the passenger front. I think it is coming from the wheel and almost sounds like a bunch of pebbles crunching around in the wheel. Whenver I turn the wheel, the sound is louder. I did an inspection but found nothing out of the ordinary. Also, it seems that once the car has been running all day the sound weakens and pretty much goes away. Originally the it sounded like the noise was almost like the windshield bending but now is more directed at the wheels. Also, xenon light lost contact with power and if I pushed on it the light came on again. Please help, this sucks

-Lou
Old 05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both are problems your dealer can resolve. The lights are likely a loose connector that is not "snapped" into place. About a five minute job.

The crunching noise could be a number of things but your dealer should check the wheel, brake rotor and suspension on that side.

Quick Reply: Help crunching noise coming from front wheel on new TT