996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: which 996 cab?
arctic silver/black
72.22%
seal grey/beige.
27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

arctic silver/black or seal grey/beige (update: it's graphite grey, not beige)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
FlashingBlade
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stay away from any light colored interiors. All you need is spending some time with
a new pair of blue jeans in your car and you will never get the bluish sheen of a light
colored seat.

Also, if you have young kids, who will spill whatever they have, or leave a dove bar
sitting on the seat in the hot sun, you'll be thankfull that you have a black interior. It's
a lot easier to make something blacker again (shoe polish, sharpie) than lighter.

And good luck trying to get a small kid in your car w/o creating a mess or disassembling
half the rear (or adding stickers). The good side is that there is always food to be found
in case of an emergency.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FlashingBlade
I stay away from any light colored interiors. All you need is spending some time with
a new pair of blue jeans in your car and you will never get the bluish sheen of a light
colored seat.

Also, if you have young kids, who will spill whatever they have, or leave a dove bar
sitting on the seat in the hot sun, you'll be thankfull that you have a black interior. It's
a lot easier to make something blacker again (shoe polish, sharpie) than lighter.

And good luck trying to get a small kid in your car w/o creating a mess or disassembling
half the rear (or adding stickers). The good side is that there is always food to be found
in case of an emergency.
My car is 5 years old and I have the orignial seats and there is NO sheen that you are referring to. This is the whole reason they make laether cleaner and conditioner. If you take care of it, then it will look great for many years to come.

Wow! You really worry alot. Not any way to go through life. Relax and enjoy the car.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:28 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank for reminding me that i have 2 small kids.
i will go with the blank one then.

Originally Posted by FlashingBlade
colored seat.

in case of an emergency.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Go with what looks best to you. Remember, leather is the easiest surface to clean. Now cloth is a whole 'nother story.

Quick Reply: arctic silver/black or seal grey/beige (update: it's graphite grey, not beige)