Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Tech inspection at dealer, with ext warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech inspection at dealer, with ext warranty?

I am in a bit of a bind. The car goes in on Thursday to check something out. Assuming everything is ok, I am scheduled for Sat/Sun PCA event this weekend. Historically, Porsche has been pretty quick for me. Unfortunatly, I just found out that I don't have a tech inspection. I had asked RPM racing to do a tech inspection three weeks ago, and they usually put the form in by helmet bag. So checking the bag today, I discover I have no tech inspection. My fault, yes for not checking. Question is, has anyone ever had a dealer do a tech inspection. Also, do you think I am asking for warranty problems going forward? Given the mods, its not really a secret what I am doing even without the tech inspection.

Thanks

CJ
Old 10-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most dealers are good about supporting the PCA, and will likely do an inspection as a courtesy. As long as you're not blatantly abusing your car it shouldn't be an issue.
Service manager at the local dealer (HBL) is a hardcore track junkie. The last time I took my car there for warranty work and a tech inspection he talked to me for good 1/2 hour about the correct line through several turns at the local track
Old 10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Silver Star has done mine in the past, I stopped having the dealer do it bc of just such worries showing up in the service record, which they do, plus they started charging me. I had Taso do it last week, he's reopened RPM under the name TKX Performance 631 424 3640, check with him if he remembers he may just fax you the tech form.
Where are you headed, I'm going to WGI on thurs/fri with PDA?

Quick Reply: Tech inspection at dealer, with ext warranty?