Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on the evo v-flow induction system for a '99 996?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:40 PM
dipspanigrahi@yahoo.com
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on the evo v-flow induction system for a '99 996?

Hello all!
purcahsed one of the evo v-flow air induction kits. any thoughts and /experience with this unit in a 1999 C2. Now that I have it and after reading some posts on this and other websites- I am not sure it is worth installing?
TIA
Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Fordo
Advanced

Reread some more posts. There is a lot written about the Evo V-Flow and most seems to be positive. I bought one and like it. It seems to be the best solution to open up the intake from any company so far.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to pass, I'll gladly take it off your hands...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed in on my 2000 996 a few months ago and no complaints. I had an earlier model of a high-flow air intake so it is difficult to notice a different (for me). It is a much higher quality system than what I had and would definitely recommend it over the stock air intake. It was a very easy install and I am not mechanically inclined...

By the way, I found this forum researching the EVO system and have not left.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
threeOh
Advanced

Let's not delude ourselves.

The stock air box and element are the same on the standard 996, the X51 and likely (the element is the same) on the GT3. The X51 breathes less air than the stock box delivers. Would P deliver the GT3 with a limiting airbox (rather simple to design and build)? But the standard engine breathes better.

Has flow and velocity improved? That's engineering and I know who I'd rely on.

#1 cause of MAS sensor failures are third party CAI's with oiled elements.

This is flavor of the year. Next year the evo will be forlorn and some other holy grail of airflow will be sucking up our dollars.

Noise. No doubt these CAI's sound a lot better than P's approach.

Probably should not post this. Whatever, I think about getting one every year on every P I buy. But let's not delude ourselves: all we want is some noise to rationalize buying these cars.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Should have c70Pete chime in and give his views. I think threeOh hit it on the head. With all the R&D that Porsche has put in to develop HP, there is a reason they design what they do. It really doesn't matter who makes the Aftermarket intake. How much better is it REALLY over OEM. I know many of people who have had mid range RPM hick ups do to sucking in hot air on WOT. I also informed of this with various dyno runs done by my guys in Germany. The top Tuners like RUF, Manthey, Cargraphic, PSI will use OEM air box and achieve amazing REAL WORLD HP on all of their powerkits. They have even experimented by cutting holes in OEM air box to measure power gain if any. Alas, without us buying these aftermarket units, we wouldn't learn that they really don't work would we.

Theo
Old 09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Chronos
Advanced

OT- kevinrubin- is that slate grey?

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on the evo v-flow induction system for a '99 996?