RPM Racing, LI

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RPM Racing, LI

Hey guys,

I know some of you guys use RPM Racing in Long Island, NY. Looks like Taso (head tech) is no longer there and they have moved locations.

Anyone know the story? I need some work done in a week or so.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is very interesting. Up until my latest visit, I was happy these guys. The last visit was not so impressive. The place seems to be going through a rough spot.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The last time I was there it was also a little chaotic. Taso is the man, he's the only porsche trained master tech there, if he's gone that's a problem for me. Taso did a masterful job on my x73, and always does a thorough pre de tech. Last time he wasn't there and the 'tech' inspection was not optimal, I didn't think much of it at the time. I hope they get it together bc they're very handy for me and I'd hate to seek out a new place.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yetis
Wow, that is very interesting. Up until my latest visit, I was happy these guys. The last visit was not so impressive. The place seems to be going through a rough spot.
I actually was able to get in touch with Eric and he told me that there was a conflict regarding the direction that the business should take. Taso wanted to service and maintain cars, while Russ wanted to focus on modding high-end cars. At least this is how I understood the situation. Apparently, Taso is still at the old location while Russ (and RPM?) have moved to Hicksville.

So....that's the scoop I got.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:01 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Is the old place still called RPM? Are they still gonna do track type work? Hmmm.... have to stop by there and find out.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Is the old place still called RPM? Are they still gonna do track type work? Hmmm.... have to stop by there and find out.
Hmm....not sure. I have a feeling that Russ took the RPM Racing name since when I called the number off their website, it was Eric @ RPM Racing.

I would think they (old place) would still continue doing track type work as that is what Taso wants to continue doing.

I'm thinking of stopping by their on Sat. Please let me know if you stop in there before that.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:29 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I may pop in on my way home fri or on sat am, see ya there. So Taso wats to do maint and track stuff while Russ wants the bling crowd?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
I may pop in on my way home fri or on sat am, see ya there. So Taso wats to do maint and track stuff while Russ wants the bling crowd?
...at least that's how I understood it when I spoke with Erik. I guess you can't blame Russ, since there probably is more "easy" money doing the bling stuff.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Some of the $$$ figures these guys were throwing around for the bling stuff are amazing. I can understand why they would be drawn to it. That said, I am glad they have worked something out. On another note, anyone know where Lynmore motors went. I rolled passed their location, and it was closed down and up for sale.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

wow, that is news to me as well. If anyone drops by, keep us updated with your findings. RPM was a great source and shop to go to.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evo_333
wow, that is news to me as well. If anyone drops by, keep us updated with your findings. RPM was a great source and shop to go to.
I made a trip out there on Sat. hoping to have my car serviced or at least a time when I could bring it in since I didn't have a number or anything for Taso. The shop was closed and no signs of RPM, but a wrecked blue 993 outside the shop. There was however a door sign which said "TRK(?) Motorsports", which i'm assuming is Taso's new shop name. No phone # or anything else was available.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:53 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

PM me and I'll give you his cell number, I'm taking mine there for a tech inspection in the afternoon.

Quick Reply: RPM Racing, LI