Sponsored by:

Need Child Seat Recommendations for 996

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 12:57 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

The right shoulder of the seat pushes against the material of the C pillar. The Porsche model may be narrower at this point, but I was too cheap to get one.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by earlyapex
The right shoulder of the seat pushes against the material of the C pillar. The Porsche model may be narrower at this point, but I was too cheap to get one.
You are exactly right. Many non-porsche seats are too wide at the top so they hit the C pillar. The Porsche seat is designed specifically for the back seat of the 911. It curves in at the top so I get 2-3" clearance for the C-Pillar, and it is also designed so it does not block the rear speaker when your child is not in the seat. If you just leave the seat in all the time, it does not affect the sound quality when your child is not with you so you can continue pimpin' all over the world (well, as much as you can with a baby seat in the back of your sports car ).
Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
BSG03Cab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
I have a Porsche car seat in my garage that is not needed. PM if interested and I can send pics.

Bruce
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the pic. Very informative.

However, after looking at those pic with rear car seat, I am concerned.
But I want to think twice about putting my kids in 996 back-seat, even with child seat mounted.

The leg room for the kids is VERY small. It’s even worse if someone sitting on front passage seat. Can’t image what will happen if getting involved in accident and front seat got pushed back.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Need Child Seat Recommendations for 996