Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Perlon GT3 seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thoughts on Perlon GT3 seats

I don't usually like to ask for opinions on the way something looks from an apearence stand point, because I don't really care what other think. If I like it then I am happy. However I can't make up my mind on this one. I need some help from those who had to make the decision. My last 996 had brand new Leather GT3 seats. I only had about 5K miles of seat time and they were very well maintained. They were one of my favorite mods to the car. I loved the leather feel and the snug fit of the GT3 seats. They were more comfortable to me then the sport seats I purchased from SteveH. Well last week I ran across a great deal for a set of GT3 seats in Perlon. The price was too hard to pass up. So I bought them! They were delivered yesterday and the fabric is in excellent like new condition. I took the seats apart and ran the seat backs down to a local paint shop. They are getting painted yellow as we speak.

My question those who have Perlon GT3 seats do you love them?
How is the wear after having them for an extended period?
Anything you dislike or wish you had purchased Leather?
Do you think the Cloth seats look cheap?

I have not had them mounted in the car yet other then setting them in whithough the brackets and rails. I think they look sharp, but I like the overall look of the GT3 seat. I can't make up my mind on this one so I need some help.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:20 AM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't know anything abouit 'perlon' (what is perlon?), but the GT3 seats are a great looking seat and for many also a great fitting / sitting 'seat.
congrats!
the painted backs add another dimension.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dp I loved my old GT3 seats it is a must have at this point. I drove the new car from Chicago to Denver 14 hours. By the time I got home my mid back was soar. I have a broad shoulders/rib cage and those bolster just poke me in the back. The GT3 seats fit me like a glove. I can also drive the car a bit more radically since I stay in one place. Instead of going with the car and slipping out of a leather seat. Anyway Perlon is a Soft cloth material. I think it is a volour soft like a headliner but a thicker material.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

if it's a street car stay with leather. track car use perlon.
why? the perlon seat will attract all sorts of little dirty, threads, fuzz, etc from your cloths. they are very hard to vacuum off. but if that doesn' tbother you, either is fine.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Perlon GT3 seats