Sponsored by:

Leather Dash and Cab Roof Care

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather Dash and Cab Roof Care

Any advice for care of the leather dash ?
Someone on the Turbo board posted something saying that the Porsche leather dash was treated to be low moisture to resist drying out in the sun and cracking. Will using Lexol screw with the treatment and cause cracking and waves to form by moisutrizing the leather... one of the other cars i looked at before i bought mine had this happen. Im confused by all this conflicting advice.

Also, what do you use to maintain the Cab roof. Does it need anything at all ?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche sells a sealant spray for the soft top you should apply at least once a year. I have the cab kit, that includes the sealant, soap for the top, a leather cleaner, and a leather moisturizer ( among other things).
Old 09-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the Cab top, I have been using Raggtopp products for about 4 years. These products were developed by Wolfsteins in conjunction with the fabric manufacturer. The protectant works beautifully, and you do not need to mask off the car as you do with the Porsche protectant. Longevity is very good also. I know ton's of guys who use Raggtopp.

http://www.wolfsteins.com/main.htm
Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 PM
brucem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a look here . www.griotsgarage.com .. these guys know thier stuff
Old 09-09-2005, 09:19 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche protectant for top 2x a year. Porsche top wash 4x a year. every wash rinse with stiff water. clean any dirt/mark on top immediately. pet hair roller to remove dust and lint on top as needed.

Use a windshield blocker to avoid sun damage to dash and reduce interior temp. Better yet, use a car cover or park indoors. I don't see issue with protectant on dash as long as you don't put too much on it. Spray on wipe cloth first and apply on leather. Or just get the towellette type for easy application of lexol.

Quick Reply: Leather Dash and Cab Roof Care