Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Misha GT2 Wing: Does it comes with the wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This topic is very important to me. If you consider yourself an expert please lend your help. My situation: I bought a wing with no brake light. I do not want any warning lights going off. I understand the concept of two microswitches telling my car to stop and start extension/retraction. I am guessing that at 75 mph the waits a few seconds and then "asks" the microswitch if the spoiler has been extended and opposite will occur when speed is reduced. If you zip tie both switches I am guessing that the computer gets the answer it prefers since it only asks one question at a time, at much different speeds. Members have asked about harnesses but if you are not changing the number of brake lights=in my case I am eliminating one, do you need to buy anything else but a few zip ties?? I did a search and could not get specific info on a 2004 C4S and when I called the dealer they were confused as well. Please except my apologies to those people who are sick of the following post topics:
Short shift kits
Wings/harnesses
radar detection
19 inch wheels
and my personal favorite=IPOD interfaces. I cannot wait for that mod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!
Steve
Old 06-08-2006, 01:14 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, you need the -51 harness, ~40$ from porsche , it will allow use of your wing without a brake light, and no warning lights. Good luck.
Don't do the ties method, that's half assed. sorry kirby.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Perfect on Kirby's car, I like it.. I wont put one until I got the whole aero kit,LOL just me
Old 06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for your answers!!!!!!!!especially from Mike C4S and C4S Surgeon! I ordered part number 996-612-070-51 from local stealer for 65 bucks. Now I cannot wait for the wing to complete the repainting process!
Steve

Quick Reply: Misha GT2 Wing: Does it comes with the wiring harness?