Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

German Auto Body in Santa Clara - excellent work!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
BenLee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up German Auto Body in Santa Clara - excellent work!

I recently brought in my 996 for some body repair work (rear bumper had to be replaced). I highly recommend German Auto Body in Santa Clara, CA (close to San Jose International Airport). The owner's name is John. Their work is impeccable!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:37 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Originally Posted by BenLee
I recently brought in my 996 for some body repair work (rear bumper had to be replaced). I highly recommend German Auto Body in Santa Clara, CA (close to San Jose International Airport). The owner's name is John. Their work is impeccable!
What did they do exactly? I need to have my front bumper repainted due to rock damage.. What did they run $ wise (pm if you like)
Old 09-08-2005, 06:41 PM
BenLee
Instructor

The accident actually happened on my own driveway.

My wife was backing her 911 our of the garage and didn't notice our Cayenne S parked behind it (the Cayenne is usually parked on the other side but her parents were visiting that weekend so took the Cayenne's spot). The rear bumper of the 911 and the front bumper of the Cayenne had to be replaced. At least my S2000 escaped unscathed! Okay, maybe more information than you need.

The rear bumper was removed and luckily no damage was caused to the internals. A new, painted bumper was installed. The work was completed in ~1 day since they made sure the part was in before I dropped off the car! They also have some sort of clean bake room that allows them to avoid the typical 1 day paint drying process without concern of particles. You should talk to John if you want more details on this. The total bill was ~ $1400 but I think he might've given me a small break. I also brought my Cayenne in the next week.

German Auto Body was recommended to me a couple of years ago by one of the service managers at the Audi-Porsche dealership.

Here's their info:
354 Martin Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408)727-3368

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:05 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi Ben,

Since we're local I'll check it out then... Is that the one that's run by Cecil or is that Bodystyle? Sorry to hear about your lil' mishap I need to get my GT2 bumper repainted but also have a dent removed. Let's just say it hit a bird at speed and the bird died trying to win...
Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 AM
c4bliss
Racer

what is it about porsches... they seem to attract birds! i hit a flock of black birds leaving work.. 3 or 4 bounced off the windshield.. was quite the shock.

i will keep note them down for when i send mine in for paint.

Quick Reply: German Auto Body in Santa Clara - excellent work!