Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 3.8L Stroker motors apparently available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:40 PM
911Carrera3.6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 996 3.8L Stroker motors apparently available!!!

...In my quest to find a true HP & torque increase in my 2002 I'd been on the phone with every SC'ing company from EVO, TPC, to RUF and also engine builders (which seem to be few and far between for the newer M96 motors)
...I had a half an hour conversation with a tech/sales person (Roy) for the company Motor Meister, a company out in CA which specializes in rebuilding porsche motors ( http://www.motormeister.com/ ), he stated his company offers and had been performing 3.8 L strokers packages complete with replacing the stock aluminum liners with stronger steel cylinder liners, porting and polishing the heads and intake manifold for $9,995 ! Has anybody performed something like this by this or any other company yet ?? He went on to say a 40-50 HP increase with a significant increase in torque throughout the rev band is had. It all sounded quite interesting, particularly at that price, could this be an option for higher mileage cars in the future off warranty?? He also went on to say forged pistons in the compression ratio of your choice can be had with the build (which makes this an extremely attractive option to those who may look to do the build for a higher boost power adder; F/I)
Old 08-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on them here and on pelican. a lot will come up...little good....
Old 08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche couldn't sleeve these engines, I doubt if MM can do it relaibly

Quick Reply: 996 3.8L Stroker motors apparently available!!!