Sponsored by:

Kudos to Erik at bumperplugs.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Kudos to Erik at bumperplugs.com

I ordered my bumperplugs/door plug/clear sidermarkers yesterday. I got an e-mail personally from Erik a little later about delivery concerns and they arrived today. Excellent product and excellent service! Thanks.

Now I know what everyone says about the wallet getting lighter. I've had my 02 C4 cab less than two days and this will probably be the least expensive mod.

Any deals on the short shifters? I think this will be my next move.

I will also search about aftermarket audio/nav systems for the 02. The nav system on the 02 is a bit dated (not nearly as nice as the one in my wife's MDX).
Old 08-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Neighbor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the bezel rings next. Ramping up now, though. It's addicting and so is this board.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kenwood and Eclipse have touchscreen nav w built-in screen (not flip up type which I hate). Ecllipse is the same as ones in Lexus and I think Kenwood is also very comparable but the drives are external and not in headunit like Eclipse which makes installation slightly more difficult.

While you are doing this, you may consider adding bluetooth also.

I think VW has a wire hareness adaptor that allows aftermarket HU tol work with your Bose amp. You'll need to relocate the AC control and a bezel around the nav screen to fill up the double DIN opening.

I looked into Nav w my 02 also. After having my 02 for a few months, I decided not to upgrade for now since I don't really need it all that much. I have a hand held GPS w street map for the very few times I need to lookup places. It gets me by. When Nav comes w bluetooth built-in, that'll get my attention.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by djantlive
Kenwood and Eclipse have touchscreen nav w built-in screen (not flip up type which I hate). Ecllipse is the same as ones in Lexus and I think Kenwood is also very comparable but the drives are external and not in headunit like Eclipse which makes installation slightly more difficult.

While you are doing this, you may consider adding bluetooth also.

I think VW has a wire hareness adaptor that allows aftermarket HU tol work with your Bose amp. You'll need to relocate the AC control and a bezel around the nav screen to fill up the double DIN opening.

I looked into Nav w my 02 also. After having my 02 for a few months, I decided not to upgrade for now since I don't really need it all that much. I have a hand held GPS w street map for the very few times I need to lookup places. It gets me by. When Nav comes w bluetooth built-in, that'll get my attention.
Thanks. I think I will head to a couple speciality car audio places in town and check it out. Since the stereo isn't that bad and I really don't use NAV, I think I may wait a while for bluetooth as well. For now I may just find a way to hook up my iPod. The cash for a new sound system could be used for things like a new exhaust, breaks, or rims. This forum is expensive! Thanks again for the info.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Eric and Bumperplugs is top notch, quality stuff!

Quick Reply: Kudos to Erik at bumperplugs.com