Sponsored by:

PSS9 Group buy? Any interest? UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your GB needs more participants and if your source can supply kits for 993's, I know there are a bunch of guys on the 993 board looking for a GB on PSS9s.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Interesting idea... I'll see if I can get some then...
Old 08-11-2005, 10:35 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex,

Another idea you sponsors should consider is to approach John D about setting up a sponsors forum where any sponsor could post the specials or deals they may have going on. That way you would reach all of the Rennlist membership with a single posting and the members would be coming to you in a central forum instead of being spread out among all of the different(many) forums.

I've seen this on other boards and it works well.

Good luck... the 993 guys have been looking for a good deal on PSS9s for awhile now.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by kkim
Alex,

Another idea you sponsors should consider is to approach John D about setting up a sponsors forum where any sponsor could post the specials or deals they may have going on. That way you would reach all of the Rennlist membership with a single posting and the members would be coming to you in a central forum instead of being spread out among all of the different(many) forums.

I've seen this on other boards and it works well.

Good luck... the 993 guys have been looking for a good deal on PSS9s for awhile now.
Hey there... thanks for the ideas and I'm actually resistant to change or ask for any changes. I feel John D knows how to run stuff better than I do and I wouldn't want to impose on him or the users of the site. I'll certainly look into to the 993 aspect of it since we have a few customers that have those cars also and we know them well.... I know what you mean and have seen it on other sites also. It does seem to work.

Thanks!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:32 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by c4bliss
Kirby,

I appreciate the quote you gave me. I am not aware of what they run wholesale ect, but i was PM'd a site

http://www.shox.com/

They have them listed on the web at $1899 and after speaking with him, possible further discounts are available if qty is ordered.

For everyone involved, here you go. So far that is the best ive seen offered.
We need to push Daryl at Shox hard. I set up the last "buy" and it was at $1949. I just contacted him again last week and he alluded to the price staying the same, maybe I asked him wrong? If he's talking about in the 1800 range, lets push him to honor it and I'll buy a set. His set comes with the drop links for stock bars, but not the upper rear camber plates.

And like Kelly said, we on the 993 board have been talking about another buy....so lets double team him!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What's the word guys....I may be in on this?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:45 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex or Chris...

You 2 should coordinate and at least have something cross posted in the 993 forum if you are looking for numbers to supply (overwhelm) the dealer with for pricing purposes. I bet the participation would be significant if a decent price can be negotiated.

Good luck... PSS9s are worth the $$$ outlay... my .02
Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex, latest word?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a good company, I've purchased a set of Eibach(springs) and Tokico's(struts) from them years ago.

Originally Posted by c4bliss
Kirby,

I appreciate the quote you gave me. I am not aware of what they run wholesale ect, but i was PM'd a site

http://www.shox.com/

They have them listed on the web at $1899 and after speaking with him, possible further discounts are available if qty is ordered.

For everyone involved, here you go. So far that is the best ive seen offered.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I've done a search, is this PSS9 an adjustable coilover set?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:02 PM
dvb0415
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I've been a Rennlist Member for about one year and review the Board often. THis is my first post however. Will post a pix of the car as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

I'm in the process of slowly getting a 1999 996 together. Great car. The car has PSS9's purchased from Shox.com. They handled the purchase really well. I was really surprised at the price based on the input I got from various shops in the Northern VA area. Found them on the Internet and would do business with them again. A novice at DE's but really impressed with the difference between the PSS9's and the shock suspension.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Hey Guys, I've been following this thread and it seems to have hit a wall? We just signed up to be vendors with a few more places and they carry PSS9's. So give our sales staff a call for pricing...no group buy needed, we'll give to you the best price we can.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread...just trying to help out. If you guys want to wait for the group buy that is fine. I'm just posting for those who didn't want to wait anymore.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

OK, I just posted our sale price for PSS9's w/o the need for a group buy.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/222149-pss9-blowout-sale-no-need-for-a-group-buy.html

Quick Reply: PSS9 Group buy? Any interest? UPDATED