996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

O/T LEASING OR BUYING

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005 | 09:06 PM
RLandis
Racer

Originally Posted by gota911

BTW, when is your wife's birthday? Are you going to be pressed for time or do you have a few weeks to work everything out?
Wednesday is the big day....the car is sitting at BMW of Nashville. If I'd had time, I'd have planned a European Delivery trip....you save 7k on that model. I did that trip once before (honeymoon '01), when we bought an M5, picked it up in Munich, and drove through Germany, France,Switzerland, and Italy.....great trip.... amazed at how polite the Germans were in the speed lane on the Autobahn....no honking, and hollering!!!!!
Old 08-06-2005 | 10:33 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

I recently had a 645i convertible keep up with my, or at least try on the NY State Thruway. The car is definitely not slow, I had to throw into 5th to pull away.

Great idea Richard, and please post pics when you have the car.

Rob
Old 08-07-2005 | 01:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Richard - Neat plan. Did you read the "Diamond Package Option" thread on the 997 Forum? Some guy is getting a new '06 997 and is planning on having a pair of diamond earrings in the glove box (no, Dell, not for himself, for his WIFE!) to give to his wife when he brings the car home.

Maybe you could switch that whole process around and put a certificate for multi P-car mods in the BMW glove box. You can lease her BMW and you'll have a lot of cash on hand. Then, instead of buying some crap you really don't need (remember those are your words, not mine), you can spend it on the P-car!

BTW, when is your wife's birthday? Are you going to be pressed for time or do you have a few weeks to work everything out?

(Dell, you really MUST try to focus more. Having to stop in mid-sentence to explain things to you really hurts the flow of the thread!)
OK, Dell, I know I've got one or two coming my way soon!
Damn!!!!! I leave for the day and come back to this?

Richard, great idea on the car and surprise plan! Don't care what others say about the 6-series since this is for YOUR wife not for the critics. nice car nonetheless.

Tim, yup, you're right, you got a few comin' to ya!

FYI.......the wife and I picked up ANOTHER PORSCHE today! That's where we've been all day. (No Richard, not the GT3.....not till next spring we decided). It's bad enough we already have 4 cars!

KEEP US POSTED ABOUT THE SURPRISE CAR SWAP AND DELIVER!!!
Old 08-07-2005 | 02:22 AM
RLandis
Racer

Whoa, Nellie.....a Cayenne? In addition to the MB ML 430? Go, man!!!!! I wish that had been my wife's fantasy car....what color, what specs???? I can see those 22" wheels in your future!!!!! By the way, Boston's loss softened the blow of the Yankee loss......our starting pitchers are supposed to be back within the next 10 days (Pavano, Wright), so it should be an interesting stretch run!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005 | 02:37 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

The only thing nice leasing with Porsche is that Gap insurance is included, does leasecompare offer that? just wondering, I may be ordering a new 997 soon and will prob lease again with Porsche,plus on my Cayenne S lease I have a Porsche financial letter that says I could take the vehicle off roading and recreational drives
Old 08-07-2005 | 06:28 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by alex911s
The only thing nice leasing with Porsche is that Gap insurance is included, does leasecompare offer that? just wondering, I may be ordering a new 997 soon and will prob lease again with Porsche,plus on my Cayenne S lease I have a Porsche financial letter that says I could take the vehicle off roading and recreational drives
I believe that Lease Compare does include the gap protection. In fact, I think most leases include that now.
Old 08-07-2005 | 06:38 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LVDell
Damn!!!!! I leave for the day and come back to this?

Richard, great idea on the car and surprise plan! Don't care what others say about the 6-series since this is for YOUR wife not for the critics. nice car nonetheless.

Tim, yup, you're right, you got a few comin' to ya!

FYI.......the wife and I picked up ANOTHER PORSCHE today! That's where we've been all day. (No Richard, not the GT3.....not till next spring we decided). It's bad enough we already have 4 cars!

KEEP US POSTED ABOUT THE SURPRISE CAR SWAP AND DELIVER!!!
Dell, what the hell? (hey, that rhymes!... sorry... got to stay focused! OK, let's start again!)

Dell, what the hell? New Porsche and no pics? You know the rules! Pics... pics... we LOVE PICS... we NEED pics! Congrads on the new addition. Is it a Cayenne?
Old 08-07-2005 | 11:42 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Dell, what the hell? (hey, that rhymes!... sorry... got to stay focused! OK, let's start again!)

Dell, what the hell? New Porsche and no pics? You know the rules! Pics... pics... we LOVE PICS... we NEED pics! Congrads on the new addition. Is it a Cayenne?
Oh crap, I knew I would get caught! Pics to come later this afternoon. My most sincere apologies
Old 08-10-2005 | 09:17 PM
RLandis
Racer

ok Guys....she's putting finishing touches to makeup, and we're off to the Palm.....wish me luck.....I saw the car today.....the key is giftwrapped.....big red bow......all is in order....the valets know to keep it up front!!!!!

later
Old 08-10-2005 | 09:19 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!! Good luck Richard. Can't wait to see pics and hear how it went

By the way, did you get the pics of the new 955 I emailed you?
Old 08-10-2005 | 09:22 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Good luck man!
Old 08-10-2005 | 09:59 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LVDell
WAHOOOOOOO!!!!! Good luck Richard. Can't wait to see pics and hear how it went

By the way, did you get the pics of the new 955 I emailed you?
Dell - You mean you emailed pics to Richard and didn't post any of them HERE?!?!!! We are not feeling the love here! We WANT pics... we NEED pics... we LOVE pics! PICS... PICS... PICS... PICS!!!
Old 08-10-2005 | 10:00 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Good luck Richard! I hope it goes as smoothly as planned!
Old 08-10-2005 | 10:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Dell - You mean you emailed pics to Richard and didn't post any of them HERE?!?!!! We are not feeling the love here! We WANT pics... we NEED pics... we LOVE pics! PICS... PICS... PICS... PICS!!!
Oh crap.....busted again. That's twice in 1 frickin thread. Needless to say I have aksed for it.

standy for pics (have to race upstairs to the other computer)..................
Old 08-10-2005 | 10:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Pics as promised on the new Pepper.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: O/T LEASING OR BUYING