Sponsored by:

Zaino users - How often?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Yes they do! BTW, when you gonna be down this way? Got a nice 84 Rioja I thought about opening. Wanna glass?
Hey Dell...

I'll be down in LV sometime in November. If you're still there I'll bring a '58 Chateau Le Freight Train down...its the best $1.99 bottle of wine on Burnside.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bet
Well I have to respectfully disagree with the NXT recommendation. The look of NXT and Zaino are really different. Much of what you like is purely preference. Additionally the paint condition and color play a large part in what products I use. I have to admit that I really like shine and slickness (especially since there is little depth in AS), therefore, I really like the high shine look of Zaino on my AS car (and most light colored cars). NXT has a much more muted or carnauba look to it which I think can look better on some dark non-metallic colored cars that are properly prepped, however, I don’t find it all that impressive for my metallic silver.

My biggest compliant about NXT is its durability. I have gotten absolutely horrible durability result while using NXT on both my wife’s black 3 series and my AS 996. Both cars are daily drivers that are garaged at night. At best I got 4-5 weeks of water beading and 2-3 weeks of slickness. The booster wax is a royal PITA to use in my opinion. NXT itself is much easier to use so you might as well just do another coat of NXT (although NXT seems to have some cleaner abilities and is most likely not layerable). For a comparable look to NXT, with easy application and better durability check out Glanz Wax by Einszett. Einszett also has Lackfinish (similar to Z6 & Z8) which a very easy to use booster type of product. Not to mention the best car shampoo on the market IMO, Perls.

In comparison, the Zaino on my wife’s car is still beading water in tight beads and has some slickness 5 months after application with very little use of Z6 or Z8. This is quite a testament to the durability of Zaino, because my wife’s car is “abused” in the sense that my wife frequently runs it through touchless car washes instead of me hand washing it at home. It therefore is subject to the harsh detergents in addition to environmental effects and is really never “boosted” with Z6 or Z8.

As for the original post. I only reapply Zaino about every 5-6 months. However, on my car I use Z8 after every wash. Z8 is absolutely the best detailing product I have used. The additionally slickness and shine qualities it adds is exceptional. If you are a Zaino user you have to try it. It is much better than Z6 (which I thought was a great product). Also the Z2-pro is quite an improvement over the old Z2 in my opinion. Reapplication every 4 months is not detrimental as the reapplication of Z2 will not remove prior applications. However, claying will remove some of prior the applications. When I wait 4 months in between applications I always use ZFX or Z1.

OT: but Neighbor what do you think of the C3 2AMG? I am considering getting rid of the 3 sereis and the C32 or C55 look like a great alternative (wife insist on driving a 4 door).
Hi Brian...

I also have a silver 2004 Volvo and I know what you mean about depth of shine. On my red Porsche the shine is so deep its like you can put your hand thru it, while on the Volvo, which has a real nice paint, the gloss doesn't appear that deep. Its OK but just not spectacular like the Porsche.

Points well taken. In th end it all comes down to personal preference I suppose.

Jim
Old 08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JimPDX
I'll bring a '58 Chateau Le Freight Train down...its the best $1.99 bottle of wine on Burnside.
Wow! Great vintage. I'll take a case, gotta run down to the car and empty my change holder
Old 08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Neighbor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bet
OT: but Neighbor what do you think of the C3 2AMG? I am considering getting rid of the 3 sereis and the C32 or C55 look like a great alternative (wife insist on driving a 4 door).
I thought about pm'ing you on this but thought others may want to know or contribute.

I thoroughly enjoyed driving the C32 AMG and still think that my C4S would have a difficult time losing this car, especially at speed.

Pros:

1. Q-car. Very stealthy. Nobody, I mean , nobody expects this kind of speed from a C230 look-a-like.

2. Comfortable for small family.

3.Great highway car.

Though I enjoyed the preformance dynamics of the car, a few cons did present themselves. Cons:

1. The interior parts were really cheap feeling. Obvious now since Mercedes chose to update the interior the following year or so.

2. Horrible resale. A used 02 may only run you around $30k.

3. So many other choices now. Audi S4, BMW 545, CTSV, etc.

4. Looks like a C230.

I do like the C55 and would loved to have owned one, but I've always loved the 911 and had to get one (loved Porsche since my 1986 944 Turbo). Any additional correspondence regarding the AMG should probably through PM.

Quick Reply: Zaino users - How often?