Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Kevin,
Please put me in touch. Thanks.

Pierre,
I will call my dealer and see if he can do the same. Could I trouble you for part numbers if you have them? Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had the same problem although I am only 6'1". I bolted the seat to the floor. Now I fit with my helmet and the air hose attachment on the top. I have about 4" of clearance above my head but the seat doesn't move. I also would like to change out the wheel as my hands still brush against my thighs.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

All,

Steering wheel update- It looks like we cannot get the 340mm wheel in the States. Issues with the airbag and the wheel blocking the guages. Do to this I may have to change my tact. I may have to go with the wheel that Chad recommended and hope that the small difference is worth while. The other thing I am thinking is a fixed seat attached to the floor for my size. Being 260 lbs I am not sure I will fit in the GT3 seats. I may look at the Sparco evo 2 or some of thr Recaros. I would like to sit in some of these seats before I decide. Hopefully all of this info will help all the other tall guys in the future. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Pierre
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gharold
Pierre,
I will call my dealer and see if he can do the same. Could I trouble you for part numbers if you have them? Thanks again.
Sorry for the late answer...

My Techart documents say following:
- wheel: "type TechArt AS 340, Art-No 000.430.340.210 and following"

Sorry again, but I an't find any part number for the "vehicle-specific adapter". I'd recommend you just to send an email to Techart, and all the answers should come back pretty quickly.

Greetings,
--Pierre

Quick Reply: Tall Guy Questions