Sponsored by:

H&R sways and noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Brokenleg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R sways and noise

I have PSS9s with H&R sway bars (about GT3 stiff I am guessing) on 02 C2. Since the installation of the sways front and back, I have gone through two sets of front drop links. They last about 1,000 miles and then start cluking. Dealer says they are worn out and puts new ones in, then we start over. This will be the third set if I go in again. With this set up do I need upgraded links?, adjustable links (the car is not tracked just lots of mountain driving). If so, any recomendations? Thanks for any replys.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

There's something wrong w/that picture.
You are using OE DLs on the front?

The OE DLs are not adjustable which is a bummer.......(and they have the rubber bushings which is probably what is wearing out).
IMHO.....good alternatives would be TR Group adjustable or SCarGo adjustable DLs. Ideally, once you have rake set and corner balance, those DLs should connect to your sways without any preasure with the suspension weighted (why adjustables DLs are nice)........another reason they are nice....they also disconect lots easier than OEs for playing with your dif sway position settings front-rear.

TRG used to have some noise issues with theirs........think they got that solved.....SCarGo no problem.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Brokenleg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the links are OE front and back. Is it strange that when I put them on there was no preload on them because the bars were not tightened down at that point? I have had the dealer replace the fronts so I assume they know how to install them. I suspect I need to get these things tuned a bit?

these bars are stiff enough to raise the opposite wheel when going up a driveway at an angle, but have made a world of difference getting around off-camber mountain turns..

I will take a look at SCarGo, a car like this should not be making 60's VW van noises. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: H&R sways and noise