996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Any Swedish or Danish Rennlisters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 09:25 AM
man_of_ice
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Swedish or Danish Rennlisters?

Anyone around here from Denmark or Sweden?

I recently got a 2000 996 C4, and would like to meet up once in a while and maybe track, exchange experience with mechanics/dealers, look at other peoples mods and in generally just have fun.

I myself am a Danish guy @ 33 years who lives just south of Malmö
Old 07-09-2005, 09:51 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by man_of_ice
Anyone around here from Denmark or Sweden?

I recently got a 2000 996 C4, and would like to meet up once in a while and maybe track, exchange experience with mechanics/dealers, look at other peoples mods and in generally just have fun.

I myself am a Danish guy @ 33 years who lives just south of Malmö
Welcome to the board, Ice. Did you end up getting the Arctic Silver C4 from your previous post? I am glad it checked out, the car looked pretty clean in the photos. Do you have any new pictures besides the ones taken at the dealership?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Swedish living in the United Arab Emirates.

Ciao,

Johannes E.

GT3 CS
Old 07-17-2005, 06:12 AM
man_of_ice
Racer

Sorry for the late answer.

Yeah - I finally got it. Murphy playing his game excellently.

The truck that was taking my car home broke down on the autobahn.... Engine blew. Meaning that it sat there with 9 sports cars and no hydraulics to take them all off.

Fortunally mine was the last loaded and could thus be rolled off. Import guy send someone down in a plane and then drove it "home to daddy".

Its an unbelievable great feeling having the 996. Comming from a 944 the difference is totally mindblowing. Sound, interior, all the "comfortable stuff" etc.

There are 2 things that **** me off a bit though. The car came with PCM1 and a german CD. Needless to say navigation for anything but highways in my area is non-existant on the system. And then I start reading about Porsches lack of support for the 8-bit PCM, no new CDs and/or expensive CDs and such. So if anyone has a Scandinavian CD for 8-bit PCM1 around, please drop me an email!!

Thus my mod list possibly got longer already.

Besides PSE, I'll maybe need a PCM upgrade (if possible at all). After seeing all the lovely pics in here, the Airo kit also twitches in my fingers. It just looks too sweet.

But PSE first :-D

Pics will have to wait a few days. Its been very cloudy the last 3-4 days, and I want the sun to shine when taking them. Watch out for pics of my new baby soon.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:38 AM
GoodSpeed Sweden
Instructor

Hi
Danish guy living in Gothenburg.
I have a 996 C4 Cab. 2000 model.
I experienced the same PCM trouble, and also need a Scandinavian CD badly. (I have the Swedish)

Quick Reply: Any Swedish or Danish Rennlisters?