Sponsored by:

New Pics of my White 996 C2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Minuses:
Should have used the Mk1 front instead of the RGT front. Just doesn't go with the rest of the car. Not a big fan of the wheels either. Tail pipes are for 02+ rear skirt.....they stick out TOO far. Never woulud I run with a wheel sans airbag. Seems like the car is set up (kinda) for the track but can't imagine the wight savings you have by ADDING all that stereo stuff. Exhaust should be the music of choice.

Pluses:
Interior is nice, carbon is done well in that black environment. Not overdone. And those Stoptechs! WOW!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul - appreciate your feedback. I shot the car with a fisheye lens in some photos, that is what makes it look skewed. But anyways...cars are an expression of your personality. This is mine. As far as CF falling apart. Never seen it, anyone else???

Karlooz will keep you updated. The hood will get painted but partially leaving some carbon visibal. Remember we are building magazine cars

aben - thanks! Wing is easy. We have a painter here that does an incredible job. Fitment is perfect, prep is quick, and installation is about 1 hour. I happen to have 1 here on the shelf. Call me!

Midnight - Mr. C4 shot it to you straight

Bowman - The wheels are IFORGED Sprint Wheels. 3 piece forged model. They are 19x8.5 and 19x10.5. We sell these. PM me for info. As far as seats. PM me and I will see what I can do. My last car was white, white is so clean and very photogenic!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:24 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

LVDELL - I like the bumper, Adds a strong flavor. The rear bumper will be changed out. What wheels would you run? Exhaust pipes look aggressive, but will be sunken in with new bumper. I have run smaller racing steering wheels on all my cars. The factory wheel is to big and hits your legs if seated correctly for driving in full clock positions. Makes driving easier on the track and street. The amp weighs about 5lbs, the cover over that weights about 3lbs, and the 8" subs weight about 30lbs in the box. So overall weight increase is not that bad. I could take that off my body instead! I dont track this car anymore. I have a 240SX we are building. Carbon interior is nice, got to finish the door panels too. StopTech are Bad"A". Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by vividracing
LVDELL - I like the bumper, Adds a strong flavor. The rear bumper will be changed out. What wheels would you run? Exhaust pipes look aggressive, but will be sunken in with new bumper. I have run smaller racing steering wheels on all my cars. The factory wheel is to big and hits your legs if seated correctly for driving in full clock positions. Makes driving easier on the track and street. The amp weighs about 5lbs, the cover over that weights about 3lbs, and the 8" subs weight about 30lbs in the box. So overall weight increase is not that bad. I could take that off my body instead! I dont track this car anymore. I have a 240SX we are building. Carbon interior is nice, got to finish the door panels too. StopTech are Bad"A". Thanks for the feedback!
As for the wheels I prob should have added that wheels are like exhausts.....totally a personal thing. If you are getting a new rear and the tip will be recessed, then that would be great. Those are sweet tips. My response to the wheel for for sheer safety (airbag). Other than that, car looks great. Totally with you on the weight reduction mod. We all could stand to drop a few lbs.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:37 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

you are right about the stoptechs. they are bad ***! i put pagid yellow compounds for the track this weekend and stopped hard all session long, no fading. ambient temps at buttonwillow were in the low 90s. track temps would have been low 100s. they stop great in the cold too for normal street driving but squeal like a stuck pig.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Karlooz will keep you updated. The hood will get painted but partially leaving some carbon visibal. Remember we are building magazine cars
actually i think that's a great idea... like leaving most of it painted but leaving a strip closest to the window natural carbon. i think that would be a nice touch.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Mitty
Racer

The car has really taken a transformation. I like all that you have done. Got those brakes to boil yet? They perform well? (Reference to video you posted a while ago with the stock brakes when they boiled before a turn on the track.) I love the rear splitters. I need some.
Is it me or do the whites not match on the rear wing/lid? I know pictures can bring out the worst in paint. That wing rock.

Few questions:
1. What is that is the LCD unit?
2. I also like the amp cover in the trunk. I like how it “blends” into the spare tire. Something you sell?
3. What subs are you using? Looks like the back seats are still useable.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put on the full Ruf RGT kit which adds up to an even better look 996 than the GT3 aerokitted cars. I'm not a fan of the slicing and dicing look.

Not feeling the wheels either. I'm thinking they're iForged? Second tier custom wheel makers for sure. Order the BBS LMs from BBS Japan which has the proper offsets/widths.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mitty
...Is it me or do the whites not match on the rear wing/lid?...

hmmm..... i noticed that too. sorry to be picky but it is supposed to be a showcase/magazine car right?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:58 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Body is metal, wing is fiberglass. Those materials will never match in paint at all. StopTechs rule as I have run them in so many cars. Just cant beat them. They recently won a Major Rolex Race in a Porsche with them. WIll have news release shortly. The carbon hood will be styling when I am done.

LCD is a Pioneer AVIC N1.
Subs are MBQuart
Back Seats are still usable as this goes behind the seat.
The Amp cover is custom made. I guess for the right price we could duplicate the whole package and sell it to you

Ben Choi - not the slice and dice look. Just not finished yet. I have RUF side skirts here, they suck and are not stylish. Rear bumper is overpriced for what it is. Yes the wheels are IFORGED. And they are NOT 2nd tier anything. In fact Iforged makes and sells just about as many wheels as HRE or Kinesis. They use the same process and same hoop companies as the other 2. They are EXTREMELY populer. www.iforged.com. We sell them. As far as BBS LM. Had them, sold them, they look lame on the car.

Still love ya though
Old 06-27-2005, 07:51 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

DAM Dan, that is one of the best looking 996 have seen (next to my Black Beauty that is) :-)
Old 06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Thanks Rick, I try (blush) LOL
Old 06-28-2005, 01:18 PM
StanSoph
Racer

I love the car. What size rubber are you running in the rear? As to the CF hood, are you going with original look or something like the RUF retro hood?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try selling the iForged is equal to HRE/Kinesis story to the 6Speedonline.com crowd. hahahah iForged centers suck, IMO and are inferior in quality to those made by HRE/Kinesis/Fikse.

BBS LMs far and above better than the iForged ones you got there. They looked awesome! Just need those BBS Japan proper offsets to get some more dish in the rear.

I love the Ruf sideskirts... when matched with other Ruf aero parts.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Thats why they are opinions. Material is material. Does not matter if it is cut in the USA, China, Japan, or Taiwan.

Stansoph - The hood will be a OEM style. The rears I run 295/30/19 and the frotn 235/35/19.

Quick Reply: New Pics of my White 996 C2