Sponsored by:

Cold Air Intake and Fabspeed Exhaust and Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 12:19 AM
KevinJax
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake and Fabspeed Exhaust and Problems

Hello Everyone, Had a fabspeed exhaust and an Evoms Cold Air Intake done on my 2002 Cab and thought I could share the following information.
1) First the exhaust sounds great. If you are looking for a raucously loud exhaust, this isn't it. In fact under normal acceleration, it does not seem any louder at all, but has a deeper throatier sound that comes on even greater under hard acceleration. Sounds great and I am very pleased because I didn't want it to be too lound.
And the best thing is that I am starting to be able to set car alarms off again in the parking deck at work, just like when I had my 500 hp Firebird with a wide open Borla Exhuast...
2) Problem, when I first picked up the car, it ran rough then started stalling....frequently! Also the PSM light and the ABS light were both on.
Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery did nothing to help the problem.
One suggestion was to disconnect the plug from the MAF and drive around for 30 minutes and then plug it back in.

Instead I took it back at the shop they cleaned the MAF out thoroughly and the problem was fixed and did not return.
3) I can definately tell a difference in the throttle response and acceleration. The car feels like it is able to take a bigger breath.

4) I bought the exhuast and the intake from Dan at Vivid Racing and I can tell you that he was responsive, helpful immediately when I had a problem and patient with my questions that must have clearly revealed my lack of mechanical knowledge. Thanks Dan...

I hope this helps someone . Blessings, KevinJax
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2005, 01:10 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan and the guys at vivid are great!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Kevin, I have the same setup - with no problems at all. I am using the MAXFLOW Fabspeed - love the sound also. and yes Vividracing staff (Dan) are great, they are now my one stop shopping place.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:26 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Thanks guys. I think we got your problems sorted out Kevin??? I will let you know when the GIAC flash is done!

Thanks
Dan
Old 06-27-2005, 10:14 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

i got Dan on my list for new purchases....service is what it is all about....look forward to purchasing something in the near future....

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake and Fabspeed Exhaust and Problems