Sponsored by:

Pics Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics Attempt

When I joined I neglected to post any pics. The car is dirty, but I got a new lens and was trying it out. Thanks to LeeDav, who between puffs on a cigar helped me out. I am going to get my wife a.k.a. Einstein computer geek to give me a tutorial on picture posting. Here goes........

It is working on the preview, I'm pushing submit.....
Old 06-21-2005, 08:07 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by StanSoph
When I joined I neglected to post any pics. The car is dirty, but I got a new lens and was trying it out. Thanks to LeeDav, who between puffs on a cigar helped me out. I am going to get my wife a.k.a. Einstein computer geek to give me a tutorial on picture posting. Here goes........
It is working on the preview, I'm pushing submit.....
John - pics look good. I sent you a "how too"... reply on your other "Help - Pic" post, giving you the exact steps to use to post a pic. You may not even need to consult with Einstein once you read my instructions. Nice P-car, John!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:31 AM
StanSoph
Racer

Thanks gota911, the forum members are truly an extra tool in my rollaway.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

stan, are you running H&R coil-overs or just the springs? Your drop is nice...
Old 06-21-2005, 12:26 PM
StanSoph
Racer

I am running coilovers. The rear is at 24.75". My suspension and alignment are as agressive I can go without risking dental, spine and car body damage. I am careful around speedbumps and steep driveways.With the GT3 sways I have been able to get the car to neutral. The setup is not a hinderance and the car handles fantastic. I would be lying if the drop was also not cosmetic. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:35 PM
trovan
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 23 Posts

very nice...
Old 06-21-2005, 12:50 PM
StanSoph
Racer

Would the addition of side skirts look good?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:30 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Would the addition of side skirts look good?
John, Yes, they would look GREAT! In fact, that is going to be my next MOD! I am going to go with the OEM side skirts, because I like the rounded profile better that the more angular, creased look of some of the other side skirts.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
StanSoph
Racer

Originally Posted by gota911
John, Yes, they would look GREAT! In fact, that is going to be my next MOD! I am going to go with the OEM side skirts, because I like the rounded profile better that the more angular, creased look of some of the other side skirts.

Which are the rounded ones. I would like skinny at the front and wide at the rear. I need all the help to put a fat a$$ on this Kate Moss car.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:50 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which are the rounded ones. I would like skinny at the front and wide at the rear. I need all the help to put a fat a$$ on this Kate Moss car.
I disagree! I would get the generation appropriate ones (see mine) that match the lines on your front bumper. The side skirts make a huge difference and the give the 996s a "presence" in my opinion. Very nice car . . .

TD
Old 06-21-2005, 05:29 PM
StanSoph
Racer

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I disagree! I would get the generation appropriate ones (see mine) that match the lines on your front bumper. The side skirts make a huge difference and the give the 996s a "presence" in my opinion. Very nice car . . .

TD

I think you put the lwr lip on the bumper. Are your side skirts the ones I need? I achieve more than 150 mph on the track and don't want anything to turn my car into a plane. The way it is now it really settles down after 85 mph and is stable.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:33 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I think you put the lwr lip on the bumper. Are your side skirts the ones I need? I achieve more than 150 mph on the track and don't want anything to turn my car into a plane. The way it is now it really settles down after 85 mph and is stable.
The side skirts are a factory option even if you do not install a rear wing or the front lip spoiler. I undertand that they do not have much of an effect aerodynamically . . . they are pure bling. They ones I have are the ones that match the 2002. Notice how both the front and the rear pick up the lines of your front and rear bumpers.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 PM
StanSoph
Racer

I will get the ones for the '02. If I order from Porsche I assume they are unpainted. Didn't you clear bra yours after paint? If they were only $300-$400 I would have them Line-X'd the car color and if they didn't match; start over. I am going to see if the shop that Line-X'd my truck can match and do the extreme lwr portion of my bumper. Not as cosmetically as clear bra, but it is durable as all get out.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I will get the ones for the '02. If I order from Porsche I assume they are unpainted. Didn't you clear bra yours after paint? If they were only $300-$400 I would have them Line-X'd the car color and if they didn't match; start over. I am going to see if the shop that Line-X'd my truck can match and do the extreme lwr portion of my bumper. Not as cosmetically as clear bra, but it is durable as all get out.
They come unpainted from Porsche. I cannot remember how much they cost. They are actually extremely visual, so I would lean towards painting, and then maybe only Line-Xing the crucial areas, although I don't really know what Line-X is

The areas that tend to pick up chips are, as you would expect, immediately behind the front wheels (basically the flat surface that faces the wheel) and the little part that swoops back down (at the bottom) immediately in front of the rear wheel (this is the area that takes the beating).
Old 06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
StanSoph
Racer

Line-X is a product similar to ABS plastic that is sprayed into pickup beds for protection. They are able to color match to body color only so so. I think that the heavy wear areas as you said would be the best spots.

Quick Reply: Pics Attempt