mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let the games begin!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to me it does not look ricey at all....99 cab. platform is no slouch, granted it's no turbo, but still a great car, now add the huge brembo's and the suspension work etc. that has been done to the car, surely it's got to handle better than the stock 99 cab.

For the looks, I've seen similar aerokits and the spoiler on various 911's here..if you want bling, this is the ultimate. So, what's wrong with it. As long as you actually don't fall into the trap and drag race anyone, the buyer shoukld be O.K.

But, is it for me HELL NO....I still have my amber blinkers for god sake, and I'll hunt and do serious bodily harm to anyone installing any spoiler on my beauty.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody catch that "for additional price" you can upgrade to Supercharger or Twin Turbo's??? All in all it is a nicely done conversion. But still WAY to rice for me. For that kind of coin I would have just bought a TT!

It doesn't come close to the pink panther 996 or the multi-colored CAB that has been on eBay for the last 3 years!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:13 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the alcanta/suede interior but I'd lose the video screens. The exterior is a bit over-the-top for my taste but it looks pretty well executed. The fit and paint job look pretty good. I have seen worse widebody conversions. Remember this car? What the hell is with the gap between the doors and front fenders?!

Old 06-11-2005, 06:06 PM
rxinc
Track Day

From what over paid -pimp my ride -athlete is this car from?
The local P car dealer last fall had an 04 c4s cab from a recently traded chicago bear that had roughly 40k in bling on it - full c fiber, wheels, stereo etc. that the last price I saw on it was 70,000 which means they would prob take low 60's - ouch what a hit in one year.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

That eBay car brings new meaning to "all show, no go".
Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Alot of guys in the aftermarket business will build a car like this to show all their products as installed, so its cool in that respect.

Hey at least it isn't advertising an extermination business, and has a dead roach on top

I do have a problem with the TURBO badge, just too dishonest
Old 06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark
I do have a problem with the TURBO badge, just too dishonest
And the "Bi-Turbo" sticker on the spoiler.
Besides, what are those rear fender inlets cooling?
Old 06-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

If you're going to spend that kind of money making it look like a turbo, why not just get a turbo or at the very least add some...
Old 06-12-2005, 02:41 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

What NBA baller lost his mind on this one? It's a pretty car, built on an absolutely ridiculous chassis, at obscene cost. Whoever commissioned it is brain dead, which raises a whole host of questions about the car before this process started. Overall, I think it's worth less than a stock cab, and possibly less than a stock coupe.
Why invoke the Ben Keaton memorial and resond with "eat me"? Very unBen-like IMHO. Doesn't the original assertion merit a more rapier-like response? AS
Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Holger B
That eBay car brings new meaning to "all show, no go".
no go? a little jaded are we not ya a regular 996 is not as fast as your gt3 but it still is a fast car.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:05 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

ah, it's the age old porsche purist snobs vs. the modders. the conversion isn't bad at all but i agree with most that the turbo badge has gotta go.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
What NBA baller lost his mind on this one? It's a pretty car, built on an absolutely ridiculous chassis, at obscene cost. Whoever commissioned it is brain dead, which raises a whole host of questions about the car before this process started. Overall, I think it's worth less than a stock cab, and possibly less than a stock coupe.
Why invoke the Ben Keaton memorial and resond with "eat me"? Very unBen-like IMHO. Doesn't the original assertion merit a more rapier-like response? AS
wow alex,

seems like you are taking the high road aren't you... NOT! first making prejudicial remarks "NBA baller" then commenting that riad is taking the low road. you are so much the better person. i guess it's the case of "do as i say not as i do"
Old 06-12-2005, 07:43 AM
toddel68
Instructor

Cool it down guys. I basically fled the german 'Elfertreff' forum because I couldn't stand that watercooled vs aircooled bs anymore. So please don't start a cab vs coupe fight. It's senseless. Here in germany a lot of cabs are driven by mostly blond women in their mid-fifties*. Do I hate it? You bet! Does that make me a 55 year old woman when I buy a cab? I don't think so.

*whoever came up with the idea of the tiptronic - shouldn't we collect some money for a professional hitman to track him?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
It was a light hearted remark, just playing around. However, I think your racist remarks were not so light hearted.

Cya

Quick Reply: Porsche Purists look away!!