996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

grey interior ... yuck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Signal-9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, i sure feel alot better about my grey having seen what some of you all have done to yours. I am going to use a combo of carbon / black / and AS to jazz it up.. I think the black floormats also make a huge difference..

I am also thinking a black / AS steering wheel will really stand out nicely.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:12 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I am Sorry guys but.... damm , that light gray is pretty ugly to me, I feel it makes it look like plastic more then anything else. Some of you have done a good Job Making it look better, but just think how good it would look if it were black? This is just my thoughts and should' nt mean anything to those of you , who do like it
Kilrgt - I feel the same way about a BLACK interior. I have never owned (and never will own) a car with back interior. Black interiors are very bland, IMO. There is just no way to lighten it up (except for a can of light colored spray paint ) and none of the detail really shows up because you get a minimal amount of "shadowing" effect. When searching for my P-car, I found 4 or 5 '04 P-cars that were well appointed and were a good price, but I passed on all of them simply because they had black interiors.

It's all a matter to personal preference, which is why they cars are available in different colors, both interior and exterior!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:15 AM
RLandis
Racer

Originally Posted by damianc4s
Full leather Grey is a great colour, although I have replaced the grey mats with black ones mostly for practical reasons (the weather in the UK!). My Lapis Blue has the grey broken up by some bits of aluminium, just deciding on whether or not to introduce some more........

Damian
You should consider the grey rubber mats from Lloyds....model specific cutouts...I get plenty of rain where I live, and it's a great solution.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:23 AM
RLandis
Racer

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I am Sorry guys but.... damm , that light gray is pretty ugly to me,
PRETTY UGLY......one of the great oxymorons!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RLandis
PRETTY UGLY......one of the great oxymorons!!!
Yeah, you're right! On a relative scale, I guess "pretty ugly" is better looking than "butt ugly"...?

Quick Reply: grey interior ... yuck?