Need some tech help! C4 vs. C2 front struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
ckl93
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tech help! C4 vs. C2 front struts

Hopefully you Rennlisters can help me out. I recently purchased the X74 for my 01 C4 after speaking with Gert to make sure that it would fit. Anyways my mechanic called today and said that the front struts didn't seem to fit. He said the factory shocks had a bracket where the stabilizer bar attaches and the X74 did not. Does that sound right? I'm not too mechanical so is there a difference between the front struts of the C4 and C2? Did Carnewal send the wrong kit or are there extra pieces needed?
Thanks for your help!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:29 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

If I am not mistaken, x74 only works on 02'-04'.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:39 PM
ckl93
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's what I thought also yetis. I emailed Gert and he said that the X74 also fits the pre- '02 996's. How's your JIC suspension?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

ckl93: I really like the JIC, but it’s not for everyone. At speed, on flat roads and on the track, it’s unreal. The car is on rails, no body roll, no front end diving, etc. The way it should be. I cannot drive other cars now, as all the play in the wheel scares me!! I also have the gt3 sway bars.

The down side is that it’s rigid. So, if you have NYC type roads, it can be rough. Also, I should mention that it is very adjustable, a plus or minus depending on what you want. I haven't really played with the dampening or other adjustments, so it could use a little tweaking to improve ride quality.

What would make the suspension great is my own garage, so I can do some of the work and tweak/adjust, on my own.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

ckl93: A quick update on the JIC. I just adjusted the dampening/ compresion on the suspension and bang, I now really love this suspension across the board. The harsh ride is gone. The guy who did the original install said it was in the middle of its range. Well, today I adjusted it, and it was almost fully cranked to hard! Well, after 5 minutes, I now have an acceptable ride quality for NYC roads!

Quick Reply: Need some tech help! C4 vs. C2 front struts