Sponsored by:

Avon ZZR Road legal R-compounds

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Kiko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avon ZZR Road legal R-compounds

As some of you know Dunlop SSR's production is being discontinued, I can't even get my hands on a set here in Europe.
After talking to friend of mine who's Avon supplier for our local race cars he tried to talk me into the ZZR's which are suposed to do a similar job to the Dunlop's, has anyone heard of these?
Cheers
Francisco
Old 05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiko
As some of you know Dunlop SSR's production is being discontinued, I can't even get my hands on a set here in Europe.
After talking to friend of mine who's Avon supplier for our local race cars he tried to talk me into the ZZR's which are suposed to do a similar job to the Dunlop's, has anyone heard of these?
Cheers
Francisco
the dunlop SSRs are not being discontinued this is a quote from damon at the tirerack.com, "They are not being discontinued. Dunlop just quit making a few sizes. I think their size lineup is pretty much settled now."

however, this may not hold true to europe and only pertain to the US market.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Kiko
Racer

This information was given to me by the Portuguese sole Dunlop importer after contacting Germany where these SSR's are made...
Thats why I was looking for other options... If anyone knows of an European tire dealer who might have, please say so!

Quick Reply: Avon ZZR Road legal R-compounds