Sponsored by:

New Stereo Install with questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Stereo Install with questions

Spent 9 hours on sunday installing the following into my 2000 C4 coupe with HIFI option:

Alpine 9855 + iPod thinggie
Focal 100CV
Focal 5WS
Audison SRx5

Things are pretty much hooked up and working except I still need to:

Mount the crossovers for hte 100CV's properly
Mount the amp (still knocking around in the front)
Hook up remote power on
Hook up rear speakers to the head unit

So I have some questions:

1) I hooked up the remote turn on wire from the head unit to the right color on the harness that hooks to the OEM harness... but I haven't a clue where the wire comes out in the hood area of the car!? The wire appears to be Yellow/Black in the harness but there's no yellow black up front! I looked around for power when the ignition was on but couldn't find any with my multimeter... anyone know the secret?

2) I am getting really poor sound out of the 5WS in the door. I purchased them used from an authorized dealer who said he installed them in a car and then the owner wanted something bigger. He gave them to me really cheap and they were in the original boxes. He said they were not the current model... the weird thing is that they don't say 5WS on them and they don't look like the pictures I've seen on the internet. I think I did a good job sealing the speaker into the enclosure and I've screwed around with the amp settings... but they keep distorting at fairly low volume and they don't seem to produce good bass. Any ideas?

3) The radio reception is very poor. I purchased the adaptor and hooked it up but the male part of the adaptor doesn't really fit well and some of the metal is exposed (I know I need to take a picture of it)... are there any tricks for getting it to work better?

4) I want to hook the existing rear speakers into the head unit. I believe that they were previously powered by the amp in the front of the car. Therefore I need to use the OEM harness for the head unit to bring the amplified signal from the new head unit to the front of the car and then connect those wires to the speaker runs to the back of the car, right? Does anyone know which color speaker cables are the rear speakers on the harness at the front of the car?

Thanks! I'll be sure to post some pictures soon!

-Ross
Old 05-23-2005, 08:41 PM
TallCoolOne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Rod Birch
www.caraudioinnovations.com specializing in audio upgrades for the Porsche 911 "time spent with a customer is time invested in a friendship" 1-800-892-6430
Old 06-04-2005, 12:59 AM
tork
AutoX

Definetly call Rod Birch at Audio Innovations. I just bought a system from him and installed it myself. his website www.caraudioinnovations.com has some install info on it. He is really amazing and knows his stuff.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

i also just got the Alpine 9855.
Anyone have trouble with the glidetouch feature??
i find it impossible to scroll thru albums on the ipod ... im really fustrated.

Quick Reply: New Stereo Install with questions