Sponsored by:

Newbie Viola 996.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005 | 12:17 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Newbie Viola 996.....

Hi all, well, I am a newbie to this forum. I bought a silver 996 a few weeks ago and actually sold it already. It had some accident repairs that I wasnt happy with so the car was sold. anyway, I just bought a 99 Viola 996. Actually, I just gave a deposit on it and am flying down to florida to pick it up next week. I have never seen the coor in person but in all the pictures I have of it, it looks close to black. I just hope it is a dark in person as it appears to be. I am very excited but I just wanted some personal opinions. I did a search and didnt find any good pictures. Anyway, if I dont like it when I get there I can back out. Please give me your opinions on the color. The car has gray full supple leather with Aero and full carbon fiber interior. It also has 19's on it. Thanks for helping the newbie I hope to become a long term law abiding member of rennlist! Thanks!
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:18 PM
01blacks4
7th Gear

Default congrtas

It also has a 14,000+ mileage discrepancy, which would put the car at about 100K for the mileage, and it was in a body shop in the past. (According to carfax)

Let me know it looks, looked good in the pics, needed some wax maybe.

marc
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:46 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yea, the mileage has me a little concerned but I honestly think that it was an error. I was told all the paint was original except that the front bumper cover was repainted. I am going to look it over very good before taking delivery!
Old 05-19-2005 | 02:19 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Viola is a dark purple color. Unless you are in a dark garage, the car doesn't look black. Sounds like you should do some research before your impluse buys.

What kind of mileage issue does the car have? Carfax showing some sort of discrepancy? The car has some show pieces (19s, cf) so maybe the seller works on cars and had swapped DME to change mileage somehow? What is the stated mileage and price?

I think you should do a PPI to determine the condition of the car instead of going there blind with a check. Looks for tranny noise and RMS issues.
Old 05-19-2005 | 04:39 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I know that it is a dark purple color. I did as much research as google and this site gave me. I also have good picts I just wanted opinions from people that have seen it in person. As far as the mileage, it shows 68k. The discrepancy is for 14k that it looks like when it was in for a service somewhere the mileage was different. That is where I think it is a typo. Anyway, even if it did have 82k (68+14) I still would want it. As far as the options, I had a friend at the dealer run th vin and it shows that it had a msrp of $91263 and was ordered with the designo pkg, Aero, Carbon fiber, CD and full supple leather. The car is in great shape and I will have a ppi done. That is a good idea.

Quick Reply: Newbie Viola 996.....