Sponsored by:

rag top cleaning and a ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
tgv
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rag top cleaning and a ticking noise

finally warmed up enough around here to take off the hard top, now want to clean the blue rag top on a 2000 996. suggested products???

when turning the steering wheel i notice a ticking noise. this can only be heard at low speed and when making a severe turn (out of driveway, after making a stop and then a 90 degree left or right, etc). thoughts?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi there
Found this article to be very helpful and their recommended products worked "as advertised"
http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-cabrio.html
Have fun!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Use Raggtopp Wet the top and spray on the cleaner. Scrub with a soft brush and rinse. When it is dry, put on 2-3 coats of the Protectant. The top will bead up like a highly waxed car. Onlu use a lint free towel on the top. And use a lint remover(like the type for clothes) to clean it.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 PM
tgv
7th Gear

raggtop cleaner and conditioner ordered, i now have a a couple of hours to look forward to.
many thanks.
tgv
Old 05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by tgv
finally warmed up enough around here to take off the hard top, now want to clean the blue rag top on a 2000 996. suggested products???

when turning the steering wheel i notice a ticking noise. this can only be heard at low speed and when making a severe turn (out of driveway, after making a stop and then a 90 degree left or right, etc). thoughts?
Probably in the steering column clock spring. May need replacing. I've never seen a DIY. Maybe someone more technical than I can tell you about it...but you will notice a ticking sound when they start to go.

Quick Reply: rag top cleaning and a ticking noise