Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone else like Meguire's quick detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 06:30 PM
996Pilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leedav
So what parts to treat. Are they really leather? How about the steering wheel? Are skin oils (yuck) enough to keep the steering wheel from getting brittle?
Yes - the steering wheel especially. Not much "skin oil" transferring to the leather wheel but sweat from hands which contains salt, chlorine, dirt and other nasty things for leather.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskied
I meguiars QD is pretty good for an off the shelf product. I personally prefer the professional Meg #34. As far as some asking about NXT. Its a good product for something you can get at Pepboys, but the depths is not as good as P21S. I do think the looks of NXT is way better than selants like Rejax and Klasse, but their durability of NXT is rather weak for a sealant. Don't expect more than 2 months from it. See tough selants like Rejax and Ziano have a good shine, but lacks the depth a carnuba has. There main trump car is their long lasting protection. This is fine if you have a light colored car like silver as this color does not show that much depth, but it may not be the look you want on black or red. Carnuba products like P21S and zymol looks great and have depth, but they won't last more than 6 weeks. There is a new crop of selants like NXT, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Reflections that have a look close to a carnuba with better durability, but you won't get the 6 moths like Ziano more like 2-3 months at most. Its all a trade off, depth vs durability. I like to use wolfgang twice a year and put on P21s on top of it every 6 weeks. Remember your shine is really depends on how well you prepare the car before the final wax. Its 80% on the how well you polish the car and 20% the wax on top. PS the length of time I'm stating is reflected on cars park outside during the day as sun kills a wax finish.

Jet...

I think you correctly raise the basic issue for any product that is used to protect, seal or just to make the surface shine as brilliantly as possible..."your shine really depends on how well you prepare the car before the final wax..."

I think there are limits to any product that you can use. Some shine better, some seal better, some apply better and some look better but in all cases as you said, its how well you prep the surface before the final step of 'waxing'...

Thx...

Jim

Quick Reply: Anyone else like Meguire's quick detailer?