996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Carnage from VIR - YIKES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so will the mustang's insurance cover the repair bill for the other cars involved since it was at a track??? Assuming of course it was the fault of the mustang. Wondering if his insurance doesn't cover him because he was on a track - would his insurance cover any damage inflicted by him, i.e. other cars???

If not, then tracks should make it a policy to have any drivers prove insurance coverage...
Old 04-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Chronos
Advanced

It sure appears to be DC Lee's ... oh no.

Hey, I wonder if he wants to sell the seats...
Old 04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard1
so will the mustang's insurance cover the repair bill for the other cars involved since it was at a track??? Assuming of course it was the fault of the mustang. Wondering if his insurance doesn't cover him because he was on a track - would his insurance cover any damage inflicted by him, i.e. other cars???

If not, then tracks should make it a policy to have any drivers prove insurance coverage...
On the track everyone is on their own. Fault is entirely irrelevant. They make that very clear on the waivers you must sign when you enter, if you bother to read them

Of course, nobody would stop a gentleman from voluntarily accepting blame and paying for damage that he causes. Somehow, I don't think the mustang owner will be rushing to pay the damage for the CGT, let alone the GT3 RS wannabe (which has had some seriously expensive modifications).
Old 04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Suddenly a $40k - $60k sports racer or formula Mazda (vs. balling up your expensive street car) doesn't look so bad, huh?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Oh the horror! My Lord, the CGT still has paper plates!!!! Leave it to the muscle cars to ruin a perfectly good day at the track.
If that plate says TX, which I think it does, that's likely the CGT that was shipped from here in OH no more than 3 weeks ago. The original buyer put down a $50,0000.00 non-refundable deposit, then the wife nixed the whole thing after the car arrived. Forfeited the deposit . Probably cheaper than a divorce. Scared the dealership since they had already paid PAG for the car. Thay called around, and a guy in TX said, "Sure, why not?". That guy can probably turn around and just buy another, and pay for the other cars to boot.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leedav
Quelle domage. (Since we are all becoming Francophones) or even... O-kinodoku-sama-desu! for the ricer crowd

hmmm.. I wonder if Robyn likes Japanese?
I do love sushi!

But, those pics...are simply painful. I would have a hard time ...not going postal on the guy...
Old 04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

I deleted my gripes after someone cleared the air....

-Eli

Last edited by Eli at Pelican; 04-27-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:24 PM
houldsworth1
Racer

As far as I am concerned – Kudos to the guy running the CGT on the track.

Far too many fantastic cars get bought, put in a garage and never turn a wheel – which is a crying shame. These things were built to be the ultimate driving machines, not the ultimate bauble.

Barry
Old 04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
KJinDC
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

OK, enough with the runors and conjecture!! I was there and all 3 cars while damaged at the same portion of the track had their incidents independently of one another. the Mustang was the last to get damaged.

The yellow GT3 is NOT Lee's and the owner occasionally comes around rennlist.

The Carrera GT wasn't being driven fast or aggressively but the driver did make a rookie mistake and ended up in the wall.

All of the incidents happened at turn 10. It's a fast left hander after you exit the uphill essess. Unfortunately if you're going fast enough and you lift or pinch the exit the car will spin to the outside of the track and the relatively close tire wall.

Again, the mustang was not at fault and was being driven quite well at the event up to that point!!

eesh, the internet and the rumors. :-\

-KJ
Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Check out the 'off topic' board. There are a number of pics with this one and a brand new A/silver one as well.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

More info: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...99&forum_id=23
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KJinDC
The yellow GT3 is NOT Lee's and the owner occasionally comes around rennlist.
Is it the guy who came down to VIR last month with the black trailer and RSR Wannabee?

Originally Posted by KJinDC
The Carrera GT wasn't being driven fast or aggressively but the driver did make a rookie mistake and ended up in the wall.
So that other rookies (namely me), do not make similar mistakes, what did he do?

I have seen more cars go off (and get damaged) at turn 10. Plenty go off at Turn 1 but there is plenty of run off space.

Thanks KJ

EDIT: Thanks Jim, your link to the Vette board answered both of my questions. Jeeeezzzz. Too bad, the guy with the GT3 seemed to be a pretty nice guy.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Oh! the humanity!...Man! my heart sank when I saw that C-GT...My god, what a way to debut the car...feel so bad for that owner, but thumbs up for the guy for not shying away from the track, always better than a garage queen..sheesh.

edit: O.K I didn't read the second page...so, the C-GT guy also screwed up....well **** happens.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:50 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chronos
It sure appears to be DC Lee's ... oh no.

Hey, I wonder if he wants to sell the seats...
Chronos "Hey, I wonder if he wants to sell the seats... [/QUOTE]"

Man... Thats COLD!... but funny in a dark humor sort of way.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not my Yellow car, guys-- looks a lot like it, tho, right down to the wheels and carbon doo-dads. My rollcage is fairly extensive, vs. this guy's--now we know why.

Hope he gets it back on the road soon.

Lee in D.C.
(rubbing good-luck charm,,, )

Quick Reply: Carnage from VIR - YIKES!!!